Connecting a Daystate compressor to air tank

First post with a question. I've been dealing with AOA and have found them for the most part very helpful and well they should be having spent a bunch of money with them over the last six months. Nice equipment including a Daystate Red Wolf walnut stock Daystate compressor etc.

My question centers around the connection and connectors to the daystate compressor (I have the 110 unit). It has a fill line with two female connectors which are some type of compression fitting but not standard. Does anyone know what type of fittings are on that fill line. I'd really like to have a custom line made up which would have the standard to the compressor fitting (and that's my question what is that fitting) and on the other end a 1/8 inch female BSP quick disconnect. This would allow a direct to the gun attachment or direct to the tank without several adaptors which seem to be making things more complicated then need be. I've talked to AOA and they basically are no help on this saying they can only provide what is "standard". I can't find any information on line linking me to Carette which makes the compressor. I've got an email directed to daystate as well but haven't heard from them. 

This compressor seems to be OK but I'd feel a lot better about it if it was better supported. I'm questioning how it might be in the future if parts and repairs are needed. Seems as if AOA is going to be the one and only source. 

I also have a Omega moisture filter which AOA just sent me with no instructions what so ever. We need to get more people in the USA involved with this high end airgun stuff so that simple questions can be easily answer. 

If anyone can answer my question I'd be very grateful and if I can help anyone in return that would be great too. John Heckman 

The fitting on the end of the Daystate compressor is DIN. You need a DIN to male Forster adaptor, and also a microbore hose with female Forster connectors on each end, one end will plug into the rifle, and the other into to adaptor on the pump. You do NOT want a BSP disconnect because the threads are not compatible. You can get the DIN/Forster adaptor and the micro bore hose from Joe Brancato of AirTanksForSale (standard length is 40"). His gear is 1st rate (be safe when playing with 4500 PSI air). http://www.airtanksforsale.com
1532559982_14994934095b59026e4a2fb7.21431373_IMG_1638.JPG

DIN fitting on your (actually mine) Daystate compressor

1532560059_10735305205b5902bbbd1120.24178986_IMG_1639.JPG

The DIN to Forster connector

1532560157_12831523735b59031d36be01.26667470_IMG_1640.JPG

The two connected

Reactions: iobrien1
OK, thanks for the info and yes it's a Coltri I don't know how I got that wrong. And I've got a similar hook up as to what Regal is showing but wouldn't it be more "elegant" or simpler to just go with a hose with a 1/8 female Bsp quick disconnect and not needing the Din connector the adaptor or the male connector? Understand what I'm suggesting? The black hose ends with a female QC and then you can go directly to the gun or it you have a tank set up like I do you can fill thru the output hose using the female QC on it with just the addition of a male to male QC.

The fitting or connector point I am talking about is one the right end of the DIN connector. It looks like a compression fitting. The female of the same is on the end of the black fill line. What are those connections.

OR is there a reason not to do this?

Reactions: Romy
Tibor I'm not so sure what I'd trying to do is possible. Let's see what others have to say. I'm trying to get to from A to E without the addition of B,C,and D. No blame on anyone I'm just trying to do it my way (if it can be done). Why I don't know it just seems like it's a more logical way and avoids a bunch of connectors which have the potential to leak.

Most PCP rifles including all Daystates and many FX rifles have male Forster connectors on their fill ports. Unfortunately the Coltri/Daystate pumps have a DIN connector on the fill hose because they were originally produced as dive compressors used to fill SCUBA tanks (and still are). It would have been great if Daystate had modified the fill hose so that it ended in a male Forster so that we could use our standard female/female microbore hoses that most of us already have, but that's not how it is, so you will need an adaptor. Again: be careful about using BSP threaded connectors because these are only safe with BSP; NPT will fit (sort of) but you suffer potential risk of explosive failure.

Got ya Regal. It just seems like having another fitting placed on a hose wouldn't be that big of a deal or that much to ask for. I'm going to bug Daystate and see what I can talk them into. Shoot we're talking about thousands of dollars worth of equipment and all I'm asking for is a rather simple modification of a hose. I understand not using anything not made specifically for our application. 4500 psi ain't nothing to fool with. And that's part of my reasoning. Avoiding a series of connections which seem to be redundant. I'll let you know if I get any satisfaction from Daystate. Can't hurt to ask.

I think I'd prefer a different hose all together, maybe like a 2-3' micro-bore with a female QC on the end, just a whole lot simpler. You're set up would be great for just filling a DIN valved air tank but not so great if you just want to fill a gun or SCBA. Do you know what thread is on the other end of the hose that screws into the compressor? It might be easier to adapt the air compressor's thread to a more common 1/8BSPP or 1/8NPT and then add a more conventional hose. My Airventuri just has a micro-bore hose and a female Foster QC on it. It actually came with a male X male foster that can be inserter into the hose end to make it even more usable for filling my tanks.

Jimmy

+1 to what Jimmy said. I was going to post the same recommendation but he said what you should be doing. Replace the compressor hose with one that ends in a female quick connect instead of buying an adapter. Bauer compressor hoses connect to the compressor with a JIC male fitting. I haven't seen a Coltri but I'm thinking it probably uses the same type fitting. Most hyrdaulic shops and online dive compressor dealers can fix up what you need. I would suggest at least a 3' hose or longer replacement hose with a female quick disconnect for maximum flexibility.

I think the Daystate 110v is basically a Coltri MCH-6 without the bells and whistles. I'd like to set mine up like Jimmy said, just run a short hose from the compressor outlet and then a female QC to plug into my final filter. The outlet hose with the big honkin' din300 male is just an unnecessary addition in my case. Here's a pic of the outlet on my daystate to the hose:

1532814513_10032895365b5ce4b13b2333.96146581_daystate_outlet.jpg

Anyone know what type fitting that "L" is with male threads that goes into the outlet hose?

Mine is the same set up as shown in the picture and yes if we could figure out how to come out of that condenser or how to come off the "L" fitting we're be good to go. 

You realize that the end of the "L" fitting onto which the hose is connect is the same configuration as the end of the DIN fitting attachment point on the other end of the hose provident. Another way so saying this is both ends of the hose are the same. Looks like a compression fitting of some type. 

I assume you could take the condenser off of the compressor and have what ever type of fitting you would want welded, brazed or solder into place. I'm about half afraid to attempt that. Seems like a standard male QC would be ideal allowing a female disconnect on both ends of the new hose.

A good machine shop welder could probably do this but I'm a little reluctant to get that deep into it. However it's tempting. 

Sure would be nice to be able to just get an adaptor. Have to think it's out there if we knew were to look.

If the hose DOES connect to a male JIC connection what would be needed is a female JIC to Bsp adaptor. Anyone know what size we are looking at and better yet can you direct us to the adaptor required. I haven't had much luck finding female JIC adaptors.

Hydraulics direct shows a swivel female JIC to female Bsp I don't know if that would work or what size we are talking about. BUT are we even certain it is a JIC male connecting? I'm not so sure it is. I had a fellow look at the connection and he runs a hydraulic shop and he was unfamiliar with the connection. 

I think the best chance might be trying a dive shop. I may get a chance to do so later in the week.