• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts people and anyone else close by

Over the past 6-8 weeks I have been talking to people I normally chat with about setting up monthly or bi monthly shoots. I have contacted a few places about acquiring some EFT targets, however I wouldn't want to limit it to just EFT , maybe some 100Y BR Shoots, no need to setup a PRS shoots, plus until I figure out a venue I would like to keep slugs out of it due to not knowing backstop available as well as space but I have a few places in mind.

Would anyone be interested in participating in anything like this? Possibly with an entry small "fee" for each shoot to cover the venue as well as possibly a "prize" each shoot? I have not ever put anything together like this and would love input.

Location would likely between Hartford and the Massachusetts border east to the Rhode Island border.

Please post here or reach out via PM. This will only be worth while if a good handful of folks want to participate you know?

Reactions: woogie_man
Did you contact Rockville Fish and Game? That's my old stomping grounds. We shoot 100 yd BR here in WIsconsin and use some old rubber conveyor belting for a backstop. This stuff is about 1/2 inch thick or more and reinforced with wire mesh. Places that sell used industrial equipment may have some. Pellets and/or slugs just hit this and fall to the ground.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Did you contact Rockville Fish and Game? That's my old stomping grounds. We shoot 100 yd BR here in WIsconsin and use some old rubber conveyor belting for a backstop. This stuff is about 1/2 inch thick or more and reinforced with wire mesh. Places that sell used industrial equipment may have some. Pellets and/or slugs just hit this and fall to the ground.
I haven't yet but thats not too far from me anyways, only 30 minutes, I am going to talk to someone I know whos been a long standing member of the Pomfret Rod and Gun , I am in Woodstock Valley, I also have a buddy whos got a pretty large farm I was thinking of asking if we could rent one of the fields. Theres more options too but not worth pursuing too deep if I dont have the interest you know?

I haven't yet but thats not too far from me anyways, only 30 minutes, I am going to talk to someone I know whos been a long standing member of the Pomfret Rod and Gun , I am in Woodstock Valley, I also have a buddy whos got a pretty large farm I was thinking of asking if we could rent one of the fields. Theres more options too but not worth pursuing too deep if I dont have the interest you know?
Informal shooting can get boring quickly. If you can organize some matches and invite local shooters to compete, then the interest rises.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I’m interested.

I’m in Vernon - I could walk to Rockville F&G from my house, lol.

-Ed
I would be interested. Can’t guarantee that I’ll make it of course, since it depends on if it conflicts with my other shooting interests (Skeet, USPSA, Bullseye/Precision Pistol) but definitely interested.
I’m interested as well and just over the CT border near Enfield.

Guys I have made a FB group pertaining to New England Airgunners, this should help keep everything organized, if you are interested in the group please message me.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
Per another members suggestion I checked out this places website and signed into their system.

I am thinking about making a drive out there this weekend to get some shooting in and check it out , they have covered 100 yard shooting benches, they also lease/rent the range for events.

With that said , if anyone is looking to get some shooting in this weekend and would like to meet up let me know. This could be a potential spot for 100 yard bench rest matches.

Theres a few others I want to take a peak at as well.

Over the past 6-8 weeks I have been talking to people I normally chat with about setting up monthly or bi monthly shoots. I have contacted a few places about acquiring some EFT targets, however I wouldn't want to limit it to just EFT , maybe some 100Y BR Shoots, no need to setup a PRS shoots, plus until I figure out a venue I would like to keep slugs out of it due to not knowing backstop available as well as space but I have a few places in mind.

Would anyone be interested in participating in anything like this? Possibly with an entry small "fee" for each shoot to cover the venue as well as possibly a "prize" each shoot? I have not ever put anything together like this and would love input.

Location would likely between Hartford and the Massachusetts border east to the Rhode Island border.

Please post here or reach out via PM. This will only be worth while if a good handful of folks want to participate you know?
I would be interested I just bought a huben k1 from John at New England air guns. I'm also looking for people to go pesting with hunting rats and pigeons but I think that's going to be hard for me to find a place.