Congratulations to Thayne Simmons winner of the Pyramyd AIR cup!

7979A7EB-53DE-4C32-85C4-122AABD2333F.jpeg

Do we have the list of winners for all events? I always see these sponsored guys having their names flaunted everywhere (including those who didn’t podium), but no full lists. It’s sad!
Ditto. Good point. Maybe they have to go back and re-score all the finals scorecards? 😂

I'm pretty sure it was 232/8X. A total of 10 points separated 1st from 15th place.

PlaceFirst NameLast NameScoreX Count
1ThayneSimmons2328
2WilliamSquillace2323
3NikolaiBoldov2312
4ToddBanks2306
5ValSimmons2281
6/7JohnBagakis2262
6/7JeremyVanschoonhoven2262
8KeithShort2254
9/10DannyMancini2245
9/10AdamMigel2245
11/12PJClark2244
11/12JohnEroh2244
13DanielPutz2233
14RobertSteele2231
15KaylaNevins2225

I think EVERYONE should have been given a prototype Panda to shoot with enough time to get it set up for themselves , then it would have been an even playing field . Everyone given the same opportunity in the gun they choose .

Please do not get me wrong that was great shooting and even if i had a panda i could not do what any winners did . but if i was in a competition and got beat by a prototype i would be pi$$ed .

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
This event had the tightest, closest competition and scores in any "major" 100Y BR event post Covid-19.
See the link below for a description:

Stephen Archer at HAM calls it the Centercut Factor (CF), so I ran with that...

_________________________________________________________________________________
I’ve been thinking of how to compare just how well the winning scores have been compared to the other top shooters in that tournament. So for instance, which performance was better, the 229 at EBR 2022 or the 239 at RMAC 2023?

So I looked at post Covid “Majors” and played with some numbers. What I did was average the top 5 non winners in each event (2nd thru 6th), and compare that to the Winners score.

So, here we go:

RMAC 2023, winner 239, next 5 avg 235, winning margin 1.7%.

RMAC 2022, winner 231, next 5 avg 222.8, winning margin 3.7%.

RMAC 2021, winner 228, next 5 avg 221.6, winning margin 2.9%.

EBR 2022, winner 229, next 5 avg 217.2, winning margin 5.4%.

EBR 2021, winner 222, next 5 avg 213.4, winning margin 4.0%.

So post Covid Major Pro 100Y BR, the most dominating performance was EBR 2022 with a 5.4% margin over the next 5 best scores, and surprisingly, the least dominating performance was RMAC 2023 with a 1.7% margin. Interesting… and it goes to show that score alone doesn’t indicate how well the winner did without a frame of reference.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the PA Cup, I ran those same numbers:

Thought I'd run a quick calculation, and the (CF) Centercut Factor for the (PAC) Pyramyd Air Cup was the lowest I've calculated at 1.1%

PAC 2023, winner 232, next 5 avg 229.4, winning margin 1.1%.

This shows that ANY of the top 5 shooters could easily have won with only the smallest of breaks. It seems good luck comes more into play the smaller the CF happens to be...
See my initial post above on this topic for the CF for the other big tournaments post Covid-19. I did not list the NAC since it was more of a "medium" tournament as compared to EBR, RMAC, and PAC.

Low CFs also tell you the general shooting conditions, as the gentler conditions seem to have a much closer top 5 or top 10 than the harsher condition competitions. In this case, I'd say IMHO this and the RMAC 2023 has the calmest conditions and/or easiest to score conditions post Covid-19. This doesn't mean there was no wind (like at RMAC), but it does indicate that the WIND CONDITIONS were amenable to good scores, such as the right to left fairly consistent wind conditions seen at the PAC finals...

Edit: if we factor in the NAC, we find:

NAC 2023, winner 219, next 5 avg 217, winning margin 0.9%.

Wow, this one could have gone in any direction... With a winning margin of 0.9%, the 2023 NAC was anyone's ball game and a roll of the dice...

Last edited:
This event had the tightest, closest competition and scores in any "major" 100Y BR event post Covid-19.
See the link below for a description:

Stephen Archer at HAM calls it the Centercut Factor (CF), so I ran with that...

_________________________________________________________________________________
I’ve been thinking of how to compare just how well the winning scores have been compared to the other top shooters in that tournament. So for instance, which performance was better, the 229 at EBR 2022 or the 239 at RMAC 2023?

So I looked at post Covid “Majors” and played with some numbers. What I did was average the top 5 non winners in each event (2nd thru 6th), and compare that to the Winners score.

So, here we go:

RMAC 2023, winner 239, next 5 avg 235, winning margin 1.7%.

RMAC 2022, winner 231, next 5 avg 222.8, winning margin 3.7%.

RMAC 2021, winner 228, next 5 avg 221.6, winning margin 2.9%.

EBR 2022, winner 229, next 5 avg 217.2, winning margin 5.4%.

EBR 2021, winner 222, next 5 avg 213.4, winning margin 4.0%.

So post Covid Major Pro 100Y BR, the most dominating performance was EBR 2022 with a 5.4% margin over the next 5 best scores, and surprisingly, the least dominating performance was RMAC 2023 with a 1.7% margin. Interesting… and it goes to show that score alone doesn’t indicate how well the winner did without a frame of reference.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the PA Cup, I ran those same numbers:

Thought I'd run a quick calculation, and the (CF) Centercut Factor for the (PAC) Pyramyd Air Cup was the lowest I've calculated at 1.1%

PAC 2023, winner 232, next 5 avg 229.4, winning margin 1.1%.

This shows that ANY of the top 5 shooters could easily have won with only the smallest of breaks. It seems good luck comes more into play the smaller the CF happens to be...
See my initial post above on this topic for the CF for the other big tournaments post Covid-19. I did not list the NAC since it was more of a "medium" tournament as compared to EBR, RMAC, and PAC.

Low CFs also tell you the general shooting conditions, as the gentler conditions seem to have a much closer top 5 or top 10 than the harsher condition competitions. In this case, I'd say IMHO this and the RMAC 2023 has the calmest conditions and/or easiest to score conditions post Covid-19. This doesn't mean there was no wind (like at RMAC), but it does indicate that the WIND CONDITIONS were amenable to good scores, such as the right to left fairly consistent wind conditions seen at the PAC finals...

This says a lot, at least to me a newbie. Timing of shots, maybe they reloaded at a time where the next shot the wind changed, etc...

Last edited: