Congratulations to Carmen Papaleo and Giovanni Atzeni

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
The Italian Air Rifle Benchrest Championships were concluded recently and Carmen Papaleo came out on top….winning Heavy Varmint with a score of 746 40x. Giovanni Atzeni was a very close second place with a 746 38x.

I thank them very much for choosing Thomas Air rifles as their competition platform.

Mike

fee0d315-306d-4bd6-a45d-ce4360188717.jpeg
40ceeabb-1039-4dc0-8a32-2dddc8b4d0d3.jpeg

The Italian Air Rifle Benchrest Championships were concluded recently and Carmen Papaleo came out on top….winning Heavy Varmint with a score of 746 40x. Giovanni Atzeni was a very close second place with a 746 38x.

I thank them very much for choosing Thomas Air rifles as their competition platform.

Mike

View attachment 397853View attachment 397854
Congrats on their wins and your rifles

Reactions: thomasair

Mike

View attachment 397853View attachment 397854
Who was on third...

Reactions: oledawg
Girl beating the boys at "their" own game :)

Remind me of myself in the early 00s when i was a competitive FPS gamer, some times i dropped my clan tag and logged in using some random name, and then played with a girl skin.
Lets just say i have driven many a aspiring gamer insane getting beaten by a "girl", and caused frequent use of CHEATER in the chat.
But i naver cheated in anything, but i did play at least 7 hours a day, and if you do that and learn, you get to be good, and i was most often top 50 worldwide.

EDIT: Just remembered a few of the Italian words my brain have picked up along the way that are useable here:

complimente and Bravassimo

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Scotay42 and tibor
Girls are overall better rifle shooters than boys. I have been following my daughter’s shooting career thru high school and now college. In 10M air rifle and 3P smallbore rifle the competition is much tougher in the women’s division. There are more women shooting by nearly 2:1 than men and overall their scores are higher. Not to say there aren’t good men shooters but for every good men shooter there are five women shooters that are as good or better. I watched my daughter shoot in the Junior Olympics multiple times. She would be in the top 25 women in the country. Had she been a boy she would have been in the top 5. Same story for all the big matches. Talking to coaches it was a common theme. Girls just communicate better and let the coaches know what’s not working, what their issues are, etc. Just more coachable. Boys don‘t tend to listen and do things their own way.

Reactions: steve123
Girl beating the boys at "their" own game :)

Remind me of myself in the early 00s when i was a competitive FPS gamer, some times i dropped my clan tag and logged in using some random name, and then played with a girl skin.
Lets just say i have driven many a aspiring gamer insane getting beaten by a "girl", and caused frequent use of CHEATER in the chat.
But i naver cheated in anything, but i did play at least 7 hours a day, and if you do that and learn, you get to be good, and i was most often top 50 worldwide.

EDIT: Just remembered a few of the Italian words my brain have picked up along the way that are useable here:

complimente and Bravassimo
haha, I used to have italian in school, but didn't learn a whole lot of it at all, because my elementary school teachers were rubish. However, it's bravissimo not Bravassimo - "brava" is a girl who has made an achievement and succeeded in it.

Girls are overall better rifle shooters than boys. I have been following my daughter’s shooting career thru high school and now college. In 10M air rifle and 3P smallbore rifle the competition is much tougher in the women’s division. There are more women shooting by nearly 2:1 than men and overall their scores are higher. Not to say there aren’t good men shooters but for every good men shooter there are five women shooters that are as good or better. I watched my daughter shoot in the Junior Olympics multiple times. She would be in the top 25 women in the country. Had she been a boy she would have been in the top 5. Same story for all the big matches. Talking to coaches it was a common theme. Girls just communicate better and let the coaches know what’s not working, what their issues are, etc. Just more coachable. Boys don‘t tend to listen and do things their own way.

Hips man hips! No fair for most of us guys.

My daughter weighs 90 pounds and she can lean back and place her elbow on her hip to support a 11 pound rifle in offhand. She "never" practices and still keeps up with more experienced offhand shooters in our FT matches.
At my weight If I tried shooting a 18 pound rifle in offhand there's no way I could hold the rifle well enough to hit a smaller target because I'm not flexible and my hips are too low to reach.