• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Confused don't know what to do

You won't ever obtain the same accuracy from a spring/nitro piston rifle than from a middium level pcp. They are different categories.

In this forum you can see groups at a 100 yards with first level pcp's that with a spring/nitro piston would be absolutely impossible to achieve.

If you can make some decent groups at 25 yards with your rifle, feel your self happy.

Mounting a bike you won't ever be faster than any one with a motorcycle. 

A few months back, I bought a diana 430l with a deadshot mount and a hawke scope which cost more then a good used mrod. It's been years since I shot a springer and this might the reason I feel the groups are not that great or it's just the way a springer is. I'm averaging 1 inch groups at 30 yards. A .25 mrod is easily hole in hole at 30 yards and is capable hole in hole at 50 yards.

Check that your stock screws are snug-they don't need to be super tight just nice and firm. As mentioned above, try different pellets. Make sure the scope is not moving in the rings and that the scope and rings are not sliding backward. You might also check the tension on the barrel pivot-the barrel should move easily through the cocking stroke but stay in position if you let go once the gun is cocked. (Hope that made sense!)

Good luck!

Some thing are needed:

1.- check that your scope is adequate for the recoil of your rifle. Is absolutely different that the o e of a firearm and a pcp.

2.- dismount the scope for your rifle ad give it a generous hitting with a rubber hammer in the zone of the tourets. Not gently not to destroy it.

3.- move the tourets all ways on both... Left to right and up and down.

4.- hit it again generously with the rubber hammer.

5.- mount it again to the rifle and zero it again... It should keep the zero now and on.

After that procedure you will be able to know it hte problem is in the scope or in the rifle.

The hitting procedure must be done on all scopes. No matter if it is expensive or cheap. 

It might not be the scope at all. I worked on a Benjamin, about a a year and a half ago, and it had a very poor stock fit and it used plastic bushings on the barrel screw. I took out the material and got the stock bedded correctly and did the brass barrel bushing mod that I read about on GTA. It is easy to do with just a drill, no lathe or milling machine needed. Anyways, the gun went from shooting a 3" group,at 20 yards, to under dime sized groups. Unless you had this gun shooting better with a different scope before, I wouldn't limit myself to looking at the scope unless it is the scope that they sell with their guns; they are really bad. You didn't mention what you bought for a scope either, so it is possibly a contributing factor but might not be the only one. They are worth working on, once you find the problem, they are pretty good guns.