condensation in springers

I see that compressors for PCPs have moisture traps to avoid sending corrosive, damp air to the tanks. I live in a hot, humid, salty (coastal) air environment - the 'perfect storm' for corrosion - and wondered if anyone has seen any studies or had experience concerning this issue in the pressure chambers of springers. Each shot expels the stuff, obviously, but at the end of the day when the gun is put away it has an unpressurized "tank" of that air remaining in it. It's a constant battle keeping the rust away from the outside of the gun, but what happens inside?

I live near Gulf Shores Alabama. Highest annual rainfall anywhere in the U.S. Humidity is only a mere 100%. Windows are so wet every morning you can’t see out. Take a gun from the house to the shop and it’s soaking wet. Never had an internal moisture/rust problem. (Enough internal oils) Would recommend a good coat of oil on the exterior receiver belly though.

Ya, maybe long term storage out in the shop hanging on the wall.. still id cock it a few times to smear lube around in the cylinder and run a lightly oiled patch down the barrel and wipe it down periodically on low use guns for a bit of insurance.. nonuse seems to hurt one more then regularly used. Grease and oil can dry or break down over time

I live near Gulf Shores Alabama. Highest annual rainfall anywhere in the U.S. Humidity is only a mere 100%. Windows are so wet every morning you can’t see out. Take a gun from the house to the shop and it’s soaking wet. Never had an internal moisture/rust problem. (Enough internal oils) Would recommend a good coat of oil on the exterior receiver belly though.
I was just wondering about this issue the other day. I took one of my springers out a couple of days ago when it was very humid outside. I instantly noticed moisture on the metal parts and the scope fogged up. I wiped it down outside and when I was done and came in I wiped the rifle down again and oiled all the exterior metal parts. I was worried about the internal metal parts. I'm glad to hear you have not had problems with moisture on the inside of the gun.

I've never noticed any inside any of my guns. And I probably run less lube in mine than most folks. It's also very humid here.

And just to note, there isn't a very big "tank" of air when the gun is uncocked. The piston is all the way forward, with the seal face resting against the end of the compression tube. There is more volume in the transfer port than there is in the compression chamber....

I think I'd be much more concerned with corrosion between a wood stock and the metal rather than anywhere inside the gun.

Cracked up when I read this. I'm on the TX coast. Dewpoint this morning was 78 or 79 degrees I think? If you've never experienced weather like that you just can't understand. I told ThomasT the other day I went out early in the morning when the wind was still (one of other things non-coastal dwellers won't get) to sight my wife's new scope in and the stock started to sweat! That's why we always have a couple guns with iron sights because you're not shooting a varmint in the morning here otherwise.