Compressor?

Sounds like a great project or mod! Does it have a way to relieve the head pressure so it is not so hard on the system when it cycles back on? Also note what you are doing is also not what the compressor was originally designed to do so of it does self destruction its all on you.

Oh, here is something that someone said that was good about the gx compressor.

Allen
I haven't built that functionality into the unit. But it can control a stepper motor. So I might eventually have it decompress a short segment of line between pumping operations.

So far I haven't noticed any degradation in performance. When I eventually kill this pump maybe I'll do that improvement to the control unit. I imagine this will require some finesse, that's why I've been putting the task off.

Boy so many oppions it is hard to come away with a concrete answer. Let’s put Aiken & Bauer out of the equashion
The question from the poster has narrowed his question to best under $1500. Ok I,m like most of you I have a $400 or
under compressor & Baby it with the best oil, limit it on running time per fill & so on. But down the line I will most likely
will go with a two cylinder unit. My reason is I would think they would not have to work as hard. Just my thinking & correct
me if I,m wrong. There are some compressors here of late I have heard have improved such as Hill. Another was posted
above was Tuxing Txedt032. This is a question I would like to know concerning the twin Tuxing brands. They list the
(Txedo11) starting around about $400 & many more going up from there to the Txedt032 as there top model around $1100. They look to be basic the same unit other than many more feathers. Such as contain water cooling with radiator & so on. Me being mr cheap, I do not have a problem baby sitting mine even with out the auto shutdown as all
the other great features. With this said would the basic model not be

as good if I over see every thing myself? I,m not ready for a new unit, just asking ?

Fly🤔

Last edited:
I'm not trying to spend other people's money, I'm simply saying from my point of view a good compressor is worth two high end PCPs. There's no better feeling than having air independence in my opinion. Back when I got started I got a SCUBA tank before I got a PCP. I discovered that it was a hassle getting it filled so I got a CF tank and a Shoebox/compressor. That was too slow so I began renting a 444cf N2 tank from a welding company. Then I went on to buy a compressor.

I truly under stand my friend. I started years ago with springers as most did. I only got into pcp air
rifles I think it was 2018. When ever the Hatsanflash was came out.My first PCP & I was hooked.
I now have that, a avenger, two AEA big bore rifles & two small compressors. For me that is a lot of
stuff in four years on a fixed income. I can not disagree with any of you guys that the pro compressors
in the long run is the way to go if you plan to be in the hobby. But with that said we all live by different
means. But my wife dos not under stand why I need all this rifles. You guys know I do not have much compared
to most here (Wink). It even makes it that much harder with the economy the way it is now & I don,t think

that is going to change any time soon. So lt is what it is in my world & I must make what I have work.🤔

Fly

When considering a High pressure Air (HPA) Compressors...the manufacturer is important.
A name brand, that has been in the field of HPA..
Also the make sure it produces Clean and Dry compressed Air!

That is why I picked my Alkins 10 years ago, from Curly at Airetex.
I have done valve rebuild.... But still very low Maintenance
And it produce Breathing quality Air!! [email protected]. ft./min
full.jpg

Then I add a FX Impact to my Collection... which can take a 300 bar fill with the new CF bottles.
So That meant I would only get a couple of fills from my4500psi tank!
I could go was a cascade tank setup
Looking at the cost of the manifold and new Cf Tank...
I look into a small HPA compressor
I like the spec on the Hills EC-3000.
Hill2.jpg

Of course being an engineer... I needed to do a little improvement...
So I added a second filter/purifier. The unit also contains molecular sieve...keeping the air dry!!
Separator51.jpg

Last I added a second pancake fan to keep things cool and help condense the moisture out of the compressed air..
Hill%20aux%20fan1.jpg

Reactions: Camaro454
how long have you owned the Hill? I have heard some very good things about the newer ones. They are
more in line in cost for the average guy also.
About 4 months.... no problems...
What I like about the Hill's company...
The have a full tech manual online.. But they also have full videos of how to take it apart for maintenance.
This is big in the Customer Support area!! And the replacement part are EZ to get from Them too!

Well not all of us can do that. I,m retired & I,m on a limited income. When I was younger I could have, but not all of
us are in the same boat.

Fly
I understand this, but sometimes we have to wait a while to get what we want. This is what I did for another hobby of mine. I saved all of the "spare" change I had and didn't have to suffer for it. It felt so good to be able to purchase what I wanted. So when someone is asking for your spare change, just tell them you are saving for a compressor.

20191204_114453.jpg

I understand this, but sometimes we have to wait a while to get what we want. This is what I did for another hobby of mine. I saved all of the "spare" change I had and didn't have to suffer for it. It felt so good to be able to purchase what I wanted. So when someone is asking for your spare change, just tell them you are saving for a compressor.

View attachment 279771
Good plan, mines a little different. Last time a homeless guy started to walk toward me and I know he was going to ask for spare change, I beat him to the punch and asked him if he could spare some change. He said "Bro, I'm homeless." I said, "Well I have a house that I need to pay for and you don't so I'm sure you could spare something to help a guy out."

Not everyone gets my humor - the story above may or may not have been used in a couple Open Mic events.

Smitty

Reactions: Keith2324
Keith that’s funny. I remember as a kid doing the same with my piggy bank. Today I would need a 55 gal barrel to
collect $3000 In change. But yes I under stand your point. But for now I plan to work on making these cheap compressors more efficient . I have thought about boring out the lower end of the aluminum rod & installing
a bronze bushing. The crank pin is most likely not hard enough for a caged needle bearing. I have a complete
new Tuxing compressor with a bad electric motor I plan on taking apart & look it over on how I could improve
it. This could be a fun project to mess with. The main complaint I hear is cooling. There are lot of people
that have posted some great ideals on that by it,s self. Who knows what we can come up with on improving these
cheap compressors with out paying out the crazy prices on high dollars units. Americans never seem to just
be satisfied with what we have & take it into there own hands to improve on it. Just the nature of us.

Fly😃