• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor use hack

Not sure it does any good but my YH does have a second cooling fan. I do use pre-chilled water. The compressor output goes through a water separator and then through a desiccant cartridge and then the last chance cotton filter. If there is any water remaining it will condense out in the SCBA cylinder. I do a quick bleed on the stages and the water separator periodically during filling. I rarely see temps over about 50 degree C and it stabilizes there.

I have never seen any evidence of water in my guns or tanks.

Reactions: heavy-impact
Isn't your secondary fan blowing against the yong heng fan? Seems like everything would be cooler with it blowing forward like the motor fan.

There is a baffle installed. The YH fan output is below the secondary fan. As I said, my pump does not get hot so whatever my "hack" is it must work okay. When did modification become a "hack" I wonder. Sort of like overnight yahoo became woohoo or something like that. Yes, there is an aluminum baffle inserted that separates the two flows :).

Reactions: heavy-impact
Been doing that for 3 years, posted my Standard Operating Procedures several times. Pre-chill room temperature compressor to 18 degree C range before starting, then, after each gun filled, let cool down to 18 degree C range again before filling another, replacing ice bottles, as needed. After filling session let water pump and external fan run till all is cool to touch. WM
I always kept my water pump & 2 external fans working in switched power strip on a separate outlet (15amp) from the YH (20amp). 1st thing I do is drop ice in water bucket (pre-frozen .5 gal milk cartons) & turn on power strip. Then I get fill assembly (tank, adapter, fill whips) together & crank up compressor. I follow that S.O.P. every single time.

Reactions: Revoman and 3Crows