Compressor tips?

The Yong Heng "simple version" least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

The "auto stop" version shuts off near 3000psi.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or 'Set pressure' versions. Your choice on the 110V or 220V.

Keep them cool, the oil topped off to the red circle in the sight glass and don't fill past their spec which I think is 4350psi, a little less is better than the max, and the Yong Heng should last for years unless you get a bad one. I ran one of mine for a couple of minutes without oil OOPS! First oil change at about an hour far longer, between changes, after that.

I have two YH compressors bought the second as a backup for the first as I fergot to turn on the coolant pump several times and overheated it until it smoked. I added a switched outlet to the system so it turns the pump on before the compressor will power up to keep me from doing that from now on. The second one, my back up unit, died in about two months bad QC from the factory. Cost me a $12, for a new second stage piston and an hour to repair it. The #1 unit that I was worried about just kept on filling my guns and tanks till I got #2 repaired and retired it.

I do not fill past 4200psi as when I do, all too often, I blow a burst disc. Maybe not on the first or second fill but soon thereafter.

The temperature sensor only measures head temperature so running it much over 20-30 minutes can overheat the motor and other parts even if ice is used in the coolant. Ice, or a container of it, in the coolant is a good idea especially if you are like me and do not use the full five gallons of water as suggested in the manual.

Keep your water supply level with the compressor to be kind to the pump and assure a good supply of coolant goes through the compressor.

Keep your moisture filters, guns and tanks being filled above the compressor to help keep moisture out of them.

Purge the system of moisture for a couple of seconds every five minutes while in use.

Change out your small YH filter every twenty minutes and set the old one out to dry and use later.

Add a better filter to be sure more moisture is removed from the system. Many of us use this Tuxing three media filter although, if you feel the need, you can change media types at any time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html

Bleed the pressure before you turn the unit off and let it run a few seconds to get the better part of the moisture out of the system. I have found that I blow less burst discs as well if I do this religiously.

Let the coolant pump run for a few minutes after shutdown to cool things off.

A video on how to fill a SBCA tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=157&v=_grx5p_R8D4&feature=emb_title

Yeah, what Biohazardman said! His is a textbook example of "babying" a Yong Heng. Purging moisture every few minutes is important as is keeping unit cool as possible. I always have a box fan, on High, blowing on front (cylinder) side while operating & it helps a lot. I keep 2, 1/2 gal. Milk containers full of water in the freezer & drop one of them (or 2 depending on ambient temperature) into my water bucket when running the YH. All of these things, learned here on this forum, keep my compressor running great & my tanks full & ready after topping off. 

On mine, I think nearing 3 years I would echo what the other poster said, but I do a few other things.

My water here is very hard so I use distilled water....not sure if that helps or not.

I also run a small fan blowing on the compressor when it is running, this I know helps as the temps do not climb as fast.

Past that, not much more to add. I have kept a log book on fill times, and gone against what it would have cost me to drive an hour one way to have my tanks filled, I was in the black in the first year, paid for itself. When it does die I will buy another, keep this one for parts and just keep going, I see nothing that the big money compressors give me that this one does not.

It is important for me to do things in steps.I can not do too many steps;ADD;Looks like there are a few important steps.I can do this!

After 6 years of hand pumping and getting harder and harder to pump PCP's,I found myself pumping more than shooting..

One reason I used a hand pump was to Try to keep from spending more money on expensive air hungry PCP's.I hope I have not opened the flood gates!