Compressor survey results

Zhengfu (Xiamen) Precision Instruments Co. Ltd. 300 bar portable 12 volt dc, includes power inverter for 120 & 220 volt ac and a decent filter. $263.39 shipped to your door, mine took about 12 days. I had to tighten fittings but after that it’s worked like a champ. Hose included has foster type connections. I’ve put around 6 hours on it, no muss no fuss, fingers are crossed but very happy with it so far.

First of all, thanks everyone for submitting your compressor experiences. We are now up to 274 responses!  Here is some clarification on what you see in the survey results. This is copy/paste from an email I sent a fellow airgunner...

Hi Chris,

Great questions. Using this list for an explanation:

Compressor list and hours - https://ql.tc/MaIfkQ 

• Yes, the left most column “#” shows the number of responses for each compressor.
• The “Minimum” and “Maximum” numbers are range of hours (lowest and highest) that users submitted for that compressor.
• The “Count” is the number of submissions for that specific compressor.

So in this screenshot the Yong Heng 110v standard has had users report from 1 hour of use to 200 hours of use and there have been a total of 31 user submissions which makes it the most reported compressor so it shows up as #1 in the left column.

1562073112_18473340495d1b5818ba87e4.37441275_compressor 1.jpg

Oh, the mean is simply the average number of hours reported for that compressor. So you can sort by that to see that while the SPA compressor has the MOST hours on it, that was only reported by one person. The Shoebox early model has had nine submissions and averages 203 hours of use. 

1562073125_17201107195d1b582535b3c7.04263203_compressor 2.jpg

I don’t intend to write any summary or final chapter to this. I really want people to draw their own conclusions from the submitted data. I figure my needs and how I will use the compressor are different other people’s needs. My “winner” was the Shoebox F10 and I ended up buying one used. I don’t need to fill often and I liked the low maintenance and reliability. Speed of filling is low on my list of “needs”. That’s not true for other folks.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions :) 

Matt 

[email protected]

Hi folks,

I have largely let this compressor survey roll without giving it much attention in the past year (I only collected about 20 responses in the past year). It has removed from the stickies in this board and kind of drifted away...

If you have not added your experience of owning a compressor, would you please considering doing so? Here's my original post about the survey:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/compressor-survey-results/#post-397444

I would ask that people only submit ONE response. So if you gave your feedback already, please don't submit it again. 

Thanks!

Purchased my Omega Trailcherger before I had an air rifle to fill, I thought that would be the way to go for me. I purchased an air pistol and used the Omega 3 or 4 times and never ran for more that 5 minutes. 2 weeks ago I got my Walther LG300 Dominator and installed a quick fill unit I got for it. Filled my cylinder twice and then I went to fill it again and while it was filling decided to turn up the fill pressure ( 300 bar cylinder ) and as I was turning it up it just shut down. No noise no nothing, just stopped. Got my meter and checked power supply and it was good, 12.3 volts. I let it sit for a couple of hours and nothing. I just should have bought a tank and regulator instead of trusting Chinese poop. Oh well, glad I didn’t buy the $1500.00 one BBB like I was going too.

Forgot to mention, total run time: Less then an hour.

Hi everyone, it's December 31, 2021 and so far there have been 389 responses to this survey. That's only 19 NEW responses in the last year. This makes me wonder if that's enough volume of responses to keep it statistically relevant. 

I won't take the data I have collected so far down, but I also don't think I have enough interest and data coming in to add new models.

Thoughts?

Hi everyone, it's December 31, 2021 and so far there have been 389 responses to this survey. That's only 19 NEW responses in the last year. This makes me wonder if that's enough volume of responses to keep it statistically relevant. 

I won't take the data I have collected so far down, but I also don't think I have enough interest and data coming in to add new models.

Thoughts?

I think if you added a few compressors that are actually popular but missing from the survey it would be a more complete and accurate survey.

I got an email from a Mike B. and I tried responding but my message bounced. Mike, if you're here this is my response:

-----------

Hi Mike,

Thanks for checking. First of all, I would say this data has become stale. I had it pinned to the Airgun Nation forum and Gateway to Airguns for a while and I got a lot of good data back then. Now I’m lucky to get 6 updates/responses per year. For that reason, I can’t say these reports are truly accurate any more.

That being said, my main goal was to try to estimate which compressors might give the longest run time before failing. At the time, Yong Hengs were becoming very popular and what people were saying about them was all over the place. Now I can see that out the 96 responses collected by Yong Heng owners, almost 72% of them didn’t report any problems. And a decent number of these owners were topping off large tanks (20 responses). For roughly $300, that seems pretty decent. I felt that ONLY going by what I read in the forums, I would not get a clear picture of how they worked. People don’t take the time to praise, but will take the time to complain or ask for help.

I decided to get a used shoebox f10 compressor. I’m very glad that I did. I’m definitely a fan of that unit and very sad they are no longer made.

Hopefully this helps! I’m glad to answer any questions :)

Matt