• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor question

I’m absolutely new to pcp airguns. Watched YouTube etc ordered the FX impact II. Received it, but there aren’t any compressors available for several more weeks. My question is, should I stick with the Nomad 2 on back order or get the larger Airventuri compressor. I doubt I’ll ever use the 12 volt deal on the car battery.
The forum input would be appreciated.

The air venturi big compressor is good for the money but it's not the best. The best are the daystate and bauer compressor. But those are $2000 to $5000. If you gonna get the air venturi. You should get the hatsan lighting. They are basically the same compressor but the hatsan have digital guage and it can auto purge the moisture out of the compressor. Also you can calibrate the gauge on the compressor to match the gauge on your tank. Air venturi is $1400 last time I checked. And the hatsan lighting is $1093 from field supply. Makes more sense to go with the hatsan lighting imo. I have the hatsan lighting for 2 years and it's still running great.

heres a option..I use nitro to fill my crown and impact ..super happy with this..

standard.jpg
[/url][/img]

to have a good air source with out working on it ...$2500 to $3500 plus shipping cost..will take you to the top

If I didn't have a compressor I'd probably get that new one that's supposed to be coming through Flying Dragon Air Rifles soon. You can actually buy them through Amazon right now however there might be some differences in this one from the one's that Mike M has coming at FDAR.

I think they have a year warranty on them. A while back JSAR tested a couple of the prototypes with no issues that I know of.

here's amazon's price

https://www.amazon.com/GX-Compressor-Auto-Stop-Water-Oil-Separator/dp/B0819ZH85H/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=pcp+air+compressor&qid=1592730961&sr=8-5

Thank you for the good advice. I sent an email to Larry. If his unit is already sold I’ll just order another from that Airtanksforsale company. They had some package deals that looked awesome. Funny how the big guys in the airgun business, never mention this company. I’m in business myself, and I realize they’re trying to sell they’re products. If they’re stuff is not all that great, they should at least mention a better alternative.

In my opinion so far the compressors available in general internet search, all seem like more Chinese substandard product just waiting to break. The reviews all include lots of 1 star issues. Even the expensive ones.

I thank you again for steering me in the right direction. 5stars for the good advice 

Doug

The air venturi big compressor is good for the money but it's not the best. The best are the daystate and bauer compressor. But those are $2000 to $5000. If you gonna get the air venturi. You should get the hatsan lighting. They are basically the same compressor but the hatsan have digital guage and it can auto purge the moisture out of the compressor. Also you can calibrate the gauge on the compressor to match the gauge on your tank. Air venturi is $1400 last time I checked. And the hatsan lighting is $1093 from field supply. Makes more sense to go with the hatsan lighting imo. I have the hatsan lighting for 2 years and it's still running great.

FS hasn't had a Hatsan Lightning available for quite some time. Even Hatsan lists them as out of stock. Same with Omega's at AOA. As noted, probably Covid related but who knows. In any event, a new Lightning doesn't seem to be an option for anyone right now.

I was where you are now last July when I entered the PCP world and bought an FX Impact and a tank. Having made the decision to invest in top tier guns I also decided to only fill them with clean dry air or gas. That narrowed my choices, in my opinion, to filling at a dive shop, using nitrogen, or buying a dive compressor. I ended up buying a Bauer Junior II for $4,150 for the following reasons: 1) reliable and well supported now and likely throughout my lifetime, 2) much lower maintenance than other high end compressors (change filter ~ once a year and change oil once every two years), 3) I view it as a long term or lifetime investment , the guns my come and go but this will be the only compressor I’ll ever need and resale value is extremely good if something unforeseen happens. It’s and expensive way to start but when think in terms of 20 years of use it starts to look like a good way to go.

Here is my set up and good luck with your choice.

Andy

1592840511_3915571525ef0d13f39ec08.76116211.jpeg
1592840513_20586575755ef0d1412d66d3.30275943.jpeg