• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor Question -- What am I doing wrong?

Hi there. I'm only into air guns for about a year, so excuse what might be a dumb question. I just bought a nice big compressor, an Air Venturi Krypton 4500. I set it up according to the instructions and was excited to see it fill my gun in about one minute--BUT, when I bleed the line so I can disconnect, the gun bleeds down too. With my previous small compressor, this worked fine. Turning the knob on the compressor to depressurize just bled the line, not the gun too. Any help sure would be appreciated. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi there. I'm only into air guns for about a year, so excuse what might be a dumb question. I just bought a nice big compressor, an Air Venturi Krypton 4500. I set it up according to the instructions and was excited to see it fill my gun in about one minute--BUT, when I bleed the line so I can disconnect, the gun bleeds down too. With my previous small compressor, this worked fine. Turning the knob on the compressor to depressurize just bled the line, not the gun too. Any help sure would be appreciated. Am I doing something wrong?
Got a picture of the fill hose/whip? Quick disconnect or probe?

Quick disconnect.
IMG_0625.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know yet, dghal, because when I tried again, the problem seemed to fix itself. I didn't have the advice here yet about opening the bleed valve fast, so I didn't try that.

My guess is that the posters above are right, but the check valve just unstuck itself. I just got lucky. When I run the gun out of air, I am going to remove the fill port and clean it.

Thanks again for the advice, guys!

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020