• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor opinions requested

sorry yet another. i have a scuba compressor in my backyard. just getting too old to lug my tanks back and forth. ive done a bunch of research, including the compressor survey listed here. guess i'm looking for new opinions, as there is no clear winner. i think i have it down to 3. hatsan spark, omega trail, nomad 2. any info to help in my decision welcome. thanks!

Is relocating your existing compressor a possibility? My compressor is in my garage. It's an electric one but if it was gas powered it would be outside the door in a small purpose built structure to keep the worst of the elements out. Basically a well sealed shed the size of a doghouse (with very good ventilation).

I know you weren't asking about this, just the question that came to mind when I read your post.

My compressor is big and HEAVY, but near my tanks and 0 issues beyond maint. including an oring that seems to go out too often (still easy to do). Even still, I've been paying attention the compressor posts waiting for a consensus the 'best' (performance/price/reliability). Nothing seems to have come close to what I have, mostly because it's already paid for. Been filling an SCBA tank at least 3-4 times a month for 9 years, not from empty. More from like 1800psi to 4400psi. I've got 21 hours on the meter. So mine was (est) $3300. But have only changed oil once, that pesky oring 2x and a 3rd to come when I allocate time takes 5 min) and 'water filter' once ( I should prob do all of that more often). So that an average of $340 a year and that will only do down until there is a bigger issue to deal with.

If your current one performs that well, I'd look for a relocation option.

I have a Nomad 2 only got 9 fills (140bar to 270bar) on a Ataman MR2 rifle before the Nomad 2 quit. It was still within 30 days of purchase and Pyramid Air fixed it promptly under warranty. Great idea on this portable air gun compressor but I do not think the quality is what it should be yet. Again maybe others have had better luck with the Nomad 2.

bob L

Assuming the distance from you house to the Scuba compressor in the back yard is not too far (~100 Feet +/-). Have a Hi Pressure Air line and wiring for an ON/OFF RELAY run from the Scuba Compressor to your House. This should cost less than $1000 allowing you to control the compressor and fill the Tanks from your house. I would do the installation for you but you're in SC.

My NOMAD 2 came to me and didn’t work out of the box. Would not build pressure. It just got back to PA today. If my replacement unit does this or craps out early I’m not getting a third I will simply get a second carbon fiber tank and call it good. Two would be plenty of air and my fire department gladly fills them... probably should have done that this time rather than requesting a replacement unit... reviews on here of the nomad 2 are not good. Wish I would have seen them before buying.