Compressor gauge or airgun gauge?

Your air connections use a white? piece of plastic to seal the gage/foster to the compressor. If it gets over tightened it will crush it and close up the air passage. Had that happen on my vevor compressor and would show much higher pressure on the compressor gage than the PCP gage. Next time instead of venting the pressure in the hose after reaching pressure on the compressor gage just turn it off but don't vent and see what the gages do. If the 1 on the rifle continues to rise the little plastic sealing ring is particularly restricted.

Reactions: Sodbuster
Most guns (emphasize MOST) shoot best in their sweet spot which is typically LESS than their maximum fill pressure. Have you figured out what that sweet spot is on your gun (optimum accuracy & performance between max fill & dropping off the regulator)? Only fill to the top of that spot & not the max. For the most part the gauges we deal with are "ballpark" & not precise. If I have 2 gauges reading differently I use an average between the 2 to "feel" safe.

Reactions: Stan’s boy John
I have two PCPs. When filling, the gauges pretty much agree on both. It’s when they don’t agree that would be a problem. There are calibration labs you can take them or send to and have them checked for accuracy. Buy a quality gauge and have it checked every year or so. I have one in my city. Probably cost you 40 bucks. You’ll want to know what your gauge reads at whatever you’re filling to-then stay inside of that. When my gauges don’t agree is when I will check everything. Agree with WIHA quality but there are others. I don’t have a standard-might look into getting one. Research is your friend

Last edited: