Compressor down! Solved!

The drive belt on my Shoebox Max compressor broke!

I have a friend that I just introduced to airgunning. He is totally hooked after me just telling him all about it and showing him some photos of some high end guns. So he jumped right in and ordered a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22 and a Tiger Shark CF tank. Anyway I offered to be his air source and charge his tank as needed. Well I swaped tanks with him so he could play with his new toy. Last night I was charging his empty tank. After about 5 hours it was at 1,600 psi the Shoebox started making a strange noise. As I was walking towards it to check it, the belt stripped and the motor kept spinning and the pump stopped. So now I'm dead in the water! I definitely will not be finishing the job with Hill pump. Haha.

So 2 lessons to learn here. Check the belt tension often. And keep spare parts on hand. At least the belts are inexpensive. $5.00 ea. I will order 2 and also a cylinder rebuild kit and whatever other bushings I think I may need. Hopefully I will be back up and running by next weekend.

Mine is only about four months old. But I use it a lot. It has the newest features including the auto lube feature. Which is just small felt strips wrapped around the cylinder rods that you soak with silicone oil. But it does work good. I stop it and add a couple drops every 3-4 hours. I also put a drop on the brass or bronze guild bushings on the right end of the rods.

But I admit to forgetting to check the belt tension. I did when it was new but it was alway tight so I kinda forgot about it. It needs to be very tight to work. Any stretching and it will slip and strip the cogs off.

Email Tom Kaye ( [email protected] ) ..... The owner/ manufacture of shoebox compressor. He will jump through hoops to make it better.... Being only 4 months old thats quite new....

My pressure switch kicked out on mine at 8 pm on a Sunday night. i emailed him thinking he would get to monday... I checked my email an hour later and he had replied saying that a new one will be on the way. needless to say. i was up and running tuesday night.

Hope you get it up and going quick.