• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor comparison?

Was looking at the daystate 110v 4500 psi compressor. Looks awesome but 2600 is a lot. Then I see people saying go with the omega air charger. It’s slower but can run 8 hours so it can fill a larger bottle. However after looking at the specs isn’t the gx4 fill rate the same ? The omega air charger is 23 cu ft per hour and the gx4 11 L/min as I figure isn’t that the same ? The gx4 is a third the price. I assume the gx is the way to go when comparing the lower price omega air charger ?

Not sure if this helps but I have an Omega Trail Charger that has gone the distance and doesn't look ready to quit any time soon.

If I had to buy another compressor it would be a GX4 just based on it being a similar but perhaps improved design over what I've already found to be a work horse.

No, I do not fill giant bottles. But I have filled many guns from 0 psi to 4500 where these bottles may be half a litre. I think it could handle a lot more, but taking breaks mid-fill on big bottles may allow you to do a GX4 or similar.

Well… Let’s see how to start..🤣 I’ve had my Omega Aircharger for 3 yrs. Got 40+ hrs on it. I bought a GX CS4 last year. It has about 10 hrs on it. Then, I bought th Daystate Super Leggero in February. I shoot a lot. Plus I’m setting up for retirement. Ok enough about me. The Omega has been flawless. It’s quiet and just simply works. The main thing to know is to run it every 3 months or so for about 5-10 mins. That will keep the internal seals from sticking or setting up. The little CS4 works the same way. Also, those compressors don’t like to be over greased. Turn the grease knob about every 4-6 hours. Make sure you have water flowing and you’ll be golden. I leave the water running for 10 mins or so after a long fill.the Aircharger will take a 45min tank from 3000psi to 4500 in 12-15min. I bleed it about every 5 min to release moisture. I have a large blue moisture filter filled with molecular sieve. After 3 yrs it appeared dry. But I replaced it anyway. Don’t get me wrong, the Daystate is outstanding. Got 2hrs on it. But I’ve never regretted none of them. If you want to shoot and fill worry free, you can’t go wrong with either. Hope that helped. I can be kinda long winded, sorry bout that…lol Grass P.S. The little CS4 is great as a backup and portability. It’s great.

Was looking at the daystate 110v 4500 psi compressor. Looks awesome but 2600 is a lot. Then I see people saying go with the omega air charger. It’s slower but can run 8 hours so it can fill a larger bottle. However after looking at the specs isn’t the gx4 fill rate the same ? The omega air charger is 23 cu ft per hour and the gx4 11 L/min as I figure isn’t that the same ? The gx4 is a third the price. I assume the gx is the way to go when comparing the lower price omega air charger ?
Unless you need SCUBA-quality air, or are filling multiple large bottles (think: cascade) the CS4 or CS4-I will probably fit the bill. I know it does for me, and money wasn't the deciding factor; space and portability was.

I am very satisfied with my CS4-I. If I were to buy something bigger/less portable, I would jump to an Alkin or Bauer and bypass the Daystate. And once you get into that size of compressor, 110V just won't cut it. 220v or gas is the way to go, IMO.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Unless you need SCUBA-quality air, or are filling multiple large bottles (think: cascade) the CS4 or CS4-I will probably fit the bill. I know it does for me, and money wasn't the deciding factor; space and portability was.

I am very satisfied with my CS4-I. If I were to buy something bigger/less portable, I would jump to an Alkin or Bauer and bypass the Daystate. And once you get into that size of compressor, 110V just won't cut it. 220v or gas is the way to go, IMO.
What is the time of the cs4 to top 3-4500 on 45 min tank ? Thanks for the info.

I have a CS4 that has been chugging along quite nicely for the past year! I did have one minor problem, the water pump quit. But, even though I was a day past the warranty period, GX Pump sent me a replacement for free. They are sold on Amazon as well for about $12, so even if I do need a replacement in the future, I know I can get one and they are cheap.

If you are interested in the GX Pump CS4, I highly recommend purchasing direct from GX Pump's US Website:

They ship fast and free, and also offer a 10% off coupon: GX10OFF.

The reason I am recommending purchasing direct is because there have been reports in the GX Pump Owner's FB Group of fakes being sold on AliExpress, and if you purchase from GX Pump direct, they don't collect sales tax, which Amazon and AliExpress does, so there is some additional savings.

I recently purchased a second GX Pump, the L3 battery powered equivalent to the CS3, it actually shipped via Amazon and was to my door within 3 days of placing my order. Good luck with your search for a new compressor!