Compressor and bottle suggestions for my budget

To start off, I will have a budget of just under $1300, but willing to wait to pay a little more, within a few hundred, if significant increase in quality dictates. 

I am looking to set up CF bottle and compressor, but can wait on bottle if spending the entire amount leads to a quality compressor to fill my gun. 

Please include needed items like fill hose, oil, filters, and other things I will need to purchase to be able put it in service. 

Thanks Dave

theres alot of factors involved in what would be ideal 'for you' ... compressors are loud and heavy .. a bottle is nice to have .. i think you could get a yong heng, tuxing, AND a bottle in under that budget along with all the various fittings, hoses adapters etc ... but it wont be a 'clean' setup and will take time to actuially get it all set up like you want it ... but, i think something like an air venturi nomad likely comes with a decent warranty and will be portable, you'll look like you know whats up with an air venturi over a kung pow anyway lol ... you can always add to your capabilities as you go along ..

Omega Trail Charger 4500psi Portable 12V Air Compressor: Airguns of Arizona - $900

STIKMAN scba Adapter for PCP Airguns. The Best PCP Airgun Fill System! (airtanksplus.com) - $185

SCBA 30 minute 4500 psi air cylinder tank ISI CARLETON dated 12-06 Hydro on 8-16 - $120

Case for the 30 minute SCBA tank - $35

I use that same compressor to fill up a 30 minute SCBA tank and it worked fine to fill from 0 to 4500 PSI with a few 20-minute rest periods. The compressor does not heat up (liquid-cooled really helps) or seem to struggle filling a 30 minute tank, but I don't know how I would feel about using it to fill a 45 minute tank or larger. Another great benefit is that it's very quiet compared to a normal compressor, and can be used from a car battery!

Some people will heavily recommend not using an expired tank even if you fill it yourself. I don't worry about it too much because the expired tank I use seems to be in great shape, but I may get a newer one in the future to be on the safe side. Use your judgment.

I have not worried too much about moisture in my guns because the Omega includes a drain valve that I empty frequently, and I live in a dry part of the USA, so I am not overly concerned about it. Steve from AEAC comments on gun moisture in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV4UvaWpGQY,

It's worth listening to. He lives in Florida and knows what he's talking about, so I value his take on it.

Do your research and you should be able to end up with something that fits your needs and budget.

-Ninelives

I started my pcp journey with a hand pump, later bought a tank and was having it filled, then bought my own compressor so I could fill it myself as much and as often as needed. Personally, I'd rather spend my time filling my guns quickly from a tank when I'm shooting, than waiting for 3-10 minutes for one of the battery-operated style compressors to fill my gun so I can shoot again. I like the portability of the tank over dragging a compressor around. If I needed more air for an outing than what one tank could provide, I'd buy a second tank.

I have been using a Yong Heng hardcover model compressor with a second stage filter filled with molecular sieve for the past three years, it has more than met my needs for air in that time period as this same unit or the pressure set model has for many other forum members here. Obviously, everyone has their own needs and preferences and if the 110v/12v units meet the needs of other shooters, I'm happy for them. The main drawback I saw with those units when looking at compressors three years ago was the lack of parts support and service for them. That was then and continues to be a problem with many of the small oilless compressors as they seem to be treated as disposable. Fortunately, you can find repair parts for the Yong Heng through aliexpress.com if you hunt for them.

I won't blow sunshine up anyone's skirt and tell you the YH is perfect, but it does meet the needs of many airgunners around the globe, and it has established a decent following as well. Good luck on your pcp journey, I wish you well on choosing your options.

The Yong Heng compressors are about the best you can get for under $1000 and only cost $300.

The Yong Heng "Simple" version least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

If you messed up and got the “Simple” version you can get parts on Aliexpress to fix it for <$40

The "Auto Stop" version shuts off near 3000psi probly not a good thing for most people.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or "Set Pressure" versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

That leaves you with $1000 to buy an American made CF Tank from

http://www.experthpa.com/cart/cart.php?m=product_list&c=12

I did this three years ago and am Happy with it. Later on when I can get settled down in a new home I will pick up an Alkin.

Edit:

Worriedman said shipping has increased substantially since I got mine so the link is not the best price. Just remember when shopping around to get the right model.

Bio,

Aliexpress has Set Pressure 110v Yong Heng for $225. Shipping from China is $232.45 Grand total $457.45 Ebay has Set Pressure 110v Yong Heng for $272.50 (Free Shipping)

Has aliexpress always had shipping costs like this or is it pandemic related? IMHO, drop that aliexpress link, until shipping charges come down, and replace with Ebay link.

Your links for my Yong Heng 220v questions were on the money. I tell brand new guys that long timers prefer them to use SEARCH function first rather than just post questions and here I go and completely forget to practice what I preach. Thanks for not calling me out on it. To save on moving effort to your new home I'm willing to take all that Yong Heng stuff off your hands. I'll even pay shipping!

WM 1956