Competition Targets

EBR this year Sportsman Class 3rd place. Wind was very switchy, look at the spread of the sighters at the bottom!
Thx
Dan

thumbnail_20221009_134619.jpg

That target tells you how tricky the winds are at Rio Salado. Out of 40 Sportsmen that started the tournament, this is THIRD place. Good shooting Dan! I brain farted and didn't take any pics of my target when I had the chance... :confused:
For reference, the ten ring is 0.485", the nine ring is 1.2" and the eight ring is 2". Shot at 100 yards.

These were the 2 75 yard qualifying cards to get to the 100 yd finals. Still not extremely easy but you can see the conditions were better as well as the wind predictability. Sure was fun and I highly recommend trying it, you WILL have a blast. Excellent people to meet and rub elbows with some of the top shooters from all over the air rifle world.
Thx
Dan

20221007_140221.jpg
thumbnail_20221008_094540.jpg

Yes, night and day. FYI, those 75-yard targets of Dan's look like the FINAL 100Y target that Jeffrey Hernandez (the Pro winner) shot.
FYI, little known fact, but the RMAC targets are slightly larger than the EBR targets. The bullseye 10 ring at RMAC is 0.5". So a 225 at EBR is ever so slightly better than a 225 at RMAC.

Reactions: Ricochet
Practice on getting nothing lower than an 8 score on any bull, And not many 8's at 75 yards either if you want to make the finals! The qualifying takes place at different times of day and that can affect the winds you shoot in. The finals is another game all together, everyone starts from scratch and pretty much has the same wind conditions (within reason as some variance at different lanes due to range layout wind impediments. Mike told me last year that you need a 445 combined score to make the finals. Last year was my first and I shot a 444 combined score. If I would have shot a 446 combined score I would have made the finals last year. Just to give you an idea what you should be shooting for.
This year I think I shot a 458 combined at 75. I'm speaking Sportsman class. The Pro class is a little bit higher.
Thx
Dan

Reactions: Ricochet
Compliments of Centercut (Mike) for those of you that want to start practicing for EBR. Practice target that you can print on a 8x11 standard copy paper to practice at 75 and 100. Shoot one shot at one bull, then one at the next bull and then one at the next etc.... until you have 5 individual shots in each bullseye to simulate EBR of one per target but shooting all 25 shots on that one small card. If I recall correctly, they may not be precisely the same diameters as EBR official target but are VERY close.
Thx
Dan