• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compact scope for Leshiy 2 ?

Anyone have suggestions for a lightweight scope for Leshiy 2? I won’t be shooting past 50 yards or so very often. I like walking trails and plinking. I don’t hunt. I just enjoy pointing, shooting and hitting what I’m aiming for. I have an Element Optics Titan and it’s quite big and heavy for such a portable gun. I’m not sure a red dot would give the accuracy I’m looking for either. But I could be wrong, cause I’m very new to the sport. I’m kinda just trying to recapture/reignite an interest I had as a kid. 

thanks for any suggestions. 

Hawke Compact 6-24×50, SFP, Illuminated AMX reticle, #13220 – 13” long / 23.6oz – Perfect for your Leshiy 2 :)

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-hawke-compact-6-24x50-sfp-illuminated-amx-reticle-13220-13-long-23-6oz-2/

IMG-5681.1604623713.jpg

For my Leshiy 2 I have a Hawke Airmax 4x16 SFP compact waiting for the Leshiy 2. However, I will see how I like the Hawke on the Leshiy 2 and if I don't like the Hawke I might swap it out with the Vector Optics Veyron 3x12 FFP I have on my Taipan Compact or find a new home for the Hawke and get something else. But in the future I plan to get a high tier scope for the Leshiy 2 so lets see.

Good question. I’m also looking for “that one” perfect scope for my L2 when I get it which is starting to look like February now. I want to have night use capability and also plenty of daylight use. Back yard isn’t but 65’ derp at most but I’m not limited to just that distance. Friends property has over 100 yards of potential use. The Stalker is high on my list and tops if for day only use. Ultimately I want a thermal on top. It would be goofy looking to have one of each on a 45° angle mount. —— thought to be continued ... daughter calls. Must go...

As I wait for my Leshiy2 I have been spending too much time searching for the “Perfect” optic to mount on its arrival.

For me, I narrowed choices to the Dedal Stalker and the TS12. (There are other 3-12 options by Vector, Discovery and others that one could consider as well. I have a TS12 so that is all I can compare). Their size and weight move them to the top for me. The Stalker is illuminated but not a scope to dial with. The TS12 is non-illuminated but has usable turrets. I prefer the reticle on the TS12 as it has 1/2 mil markings and an open dot center. The TS12 is a FFP 3-12 variable, but the reticle washes out due to being thin below 5-6X making it a 6-12 usable optic. I perceive the optics to be superior on the Stalker. The parallax on the Stalker is very forgiving. The Stalker is used only as a holdover scope. It is small and built rugged. The Stalker is very quick to use and results in being very productive in target rich environments.

I chose the Stalker for my use of pesting and plinking. 

As I wait for my Leshiy2 I have been spending too much time searching for the “Perfect” optic to mount on its arrival.

For me, I narrowed choices to the Dedal Stalker and the TS12. (There are other 3-12 options by Vector, Discovery and others that one could consider as well. I have a TS12 so that is all I can compare). Their size and weight move them to the top for me. The Stalker is illuminated but not a scope to dial with. The TS12 is non-illuminated but has usable turrets. I prefer the reticle on the TS12 as it has 1/2 mil markings and an open dot center. The TS12 is a FFP 3-12 variable, but the reticle washes out due to being thin below 5-6X making it a 6-12 usable optic. I perceive the optics to be superior on the Stalker. The parallax on the Stalker is very forgiving. The Stalker is used only as a holdover scope. It is small and built rugged. The Stalker is very quick to use and results in being very productive in target rich environments.

Mr. Wilson - I've owned both the Discovery and Vector versions of the 3-12x44 scope. The US Optics TS12 is like 2-2.5x the cost of those other brands . . . what (if anything) makes it that much better? I hated the gimmicky pellet holder turrets on the Discovery so I replaced it with the Vector, which has a reticle that's a little too thin for my liking so trying to figure if it's worth it to pay over 2x more for the TS12. 

Thx!

🔶If this is important to you — the TS12 seems to have more elevation adjustment, but I couldn't get a straight answer from US Optics when I mailed them.

Also, if you are a turret dialer, ask a US Optics owner if the turrets line up — my Discovery VT-3 at least does not, there are less turret positions than clicks.

🔶 I have the Discovery VT-3 3-12x44 FFP on a PP700, and I've taken pigeons at 50 and 60y. And with the thick outside reticle posts, I get the crosshairs centered easily on 3x magnification for those pests that pop up at 10 and 15 yards (the Vector does not have that).

🔶 However, if you like an illuminated reticle, not even the US Optics will deliver that for so much extra cash.

But the Discovery  HD  3-12x44 FFP will. Has a gridded reticle. Very short. Very light. Just like these other models that have been discussed. Price is also very similar.

(I should have bought the HD instead of the VT-3.... 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Matthias

🔶If this is important to you — the TS12 seems to have more elevation adjustment, but I couldn't get a straight answer from US Optics when I mailed them.

Also, if you are a turret dialer, ask a US Optics owner if the turrets line up — my Discovery VT-3 at least does not, there are less turret positions than clicks.

🔶 I have the Discovery VT-3 3-12x44 FFP on a PP700, and I've taken pigeons at 50 and 60y. And with the thick outside reticle posts, I get the crosshairs centered easily on 3x magnification for those pests that pop up at 10 and 15 yards (the Vector does not have that).

🔶 However, if you like an illuminated reticle, not even the US Optics will deliver that for so much extra cash.

But the Discovery  HD  3-12x44 FFP will. Has a gridded reticle. Very short. Very light. Just like these other models that have been discussed. Price is also very similar.

(I should have bought the HD instead of the VT-3.... 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Matthias

Thank you! I wasn't aware that there was an HD version. I saw that Discover did away with those horrible pellet holder turrets after awhile but didn't know that they had another, upgraded model.

Mr. Wilson - I've owned both the Discovery and Vector versions of the 3-12x44 scope. The US Optics TS12 is like 2-2.5x the cost of those other brands . . . what (if anything) makes it that much better? I hated the gimmicky pellet holder turrets on the Discovery so I replaced it with the Vector, which has a reticle that's a little too thin for my liking so trying to figure if it's worth it to pay over 2x more for the TS12. 

Thx!

I did not mean to imply the TS12 is better than the other widely known 3-12X variants. I bought a TS12 on one of the first promotions at a very competitive price. I am not disappointed at all with the scope.

As stated above, for my intended use the Stalker wins.

Buy the US Optics TS12 version if you got ample and excess cash comfortably to blow in essence if you rich with no financial restraints. At least the US Optics TS12 compared to its Discovery and TAC Vector brothers made at the same Chinese factory got a Lifetime Warranty vs 3 years Discovery and 5 Years Tac Vector. They are the same scope with slightly different turrets and cosmetics.