• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compact/Carbine Breakbarrel

efem09

Jun 16, 2017
MARS
Hi all,

After searching for a bit to buy one, unfortunately i didn't find one. There is only one brand, that tried making one, but was a bit chunky and not really good. The one i am talking about is the Norica Goliath 88 model, that is a bullpup in springer form.

1679955972698.png

I think there are many people interested in a carbine of compact breakbarrel. Maybe something with a stock that collapses like the Ataman M2R Carbine PCP.

Is it even possible to make a compact breakbarrel? seen the compression tube and all, i'm willing to give up power aslong it is compact. I think 700 fps range in .177 is enough to kill small game inside 25 yards.

The only company that ''could'' make something like this is, would be FX, but i don't think they see something in the old breakbarrel systems, considering they are fully focused on PCP's only.

Thanks.

Here is a project that may interest you, I’m sure there have been others before it using the Diana 48 platform.

-Marty

Left to right
RWS / Diana Mdl 34 Meisterschutze Pro
.177 cal. 16” barrel. Great shooting gun. It has been tuned to 12ish foot pounds.
Head shots are a must. Out to 30 yards. But the gun is accurate enough to do that.
Chinese B3-F .177 cal. 16” barrel. Under lever. This is a light handy gun. But it is a project gun. It will probably need a fair amount of work to get it shooting good enough to pest with. I’ve installed Vortek HW style piston seal and a Vortek spring. And made new delrin spring guides. At this time it’s very accurate at about 15 yards. Using H&N Barracudas. I’m still tweaking some things on it.
Lastly is a Winchester Mdl 425 (Diana 25)
.22 cal 15” barrel. Made in 1968. Still using the original leather piston seal and spring. This is a youth gun. Super fun to shoot. I’ve hit 1” spinners at 20 yards with no problem. Very accurate but low power. I’ve shot lots of mice and a handful of rats with this gun. I would not pest with it at any distance over 10 yards. But it will knock a rat off its feet.
B3-BC3-D6-F-ED28-416-B-A24-B-1-D71-BCBBEDA5.jpg

Left to right
RWS / Diana Mdl 34 Meisterschutze Pro
.177 cal. 16” barrel. Great shooting gun. It has been tuned to 12ish foot pounds.
Head shots are a must. Out to 30 yards. But the gun is accurate enough to do that.
Chinese B3-F .177 cal. 16” barrel. Under lever. This is a light handy gun. But it is a project gun. It will probably need a fair amount of work to get it shooting good enough to pest with. I’ve installed Vortek HW style piston seal and a Vortek spring. And made new delrin spring guides. At this time it’s very accurate at about 15 yards. Using H&N Barracudas. I’m still tweaking some things on it.
Lastly is a Winchester Mdl 425 (Diana 25)
.22 cal 15” barrel. Made in 1968. Still using the original leather piston seal and spring. This is a youth gun. Super fun to shoot. I’ve hit 1” spinners at 20 yards with no problem. Very accurate but low power. I’ve shot lots of mice and a handful of rats with this gun. I would not pest with it at any distance over 10 yards. But it will knock a rat off its feet.
B3-BC3-D6-F-ED28-416-B-A24-B-1-D71-BCBBEDA5.jpg

pictures not showing

Here is a project that may interest you, I’m sure there have been others before it using the Diana 48 platform.

-Marty

absolutely amazing work by that guy. Wish he went to business so i could buy one haha

Hi all,

After searching for a bit to buy one, unfortunately i didn't find one. There is only one brand, that tried making one, but was a bit chunky and not really good. The one i am talking about is the Norica Goliath 88 model, that is a bullpup in springer form.

View attachment 343754

I think there are many people interested in a carbine of compact breakbarrel. Maybe something with a stock that collapses like the Ataman M2R Carbine PCP.

Is it even possible to make a compact breakbarrel? seen the compression tube and all, i'm willing to give up power aslong it is compact. I think 700 fps range in .177 is enough to kill small game inside 25 yards.

The only company that ''could'' make something like this is, would be FX, but i don't think they see something in the old breakbarrel systems, considering they are fully focused on PCP's only.

Thanks.
i'm sure one could be made BUT cocking it if a break barrel might be a bit of stress (TX200 has a 7.5 inch barrel but the underlever would overshadow it by a foot or more . .

Reactions: efem09