Comfortable camping chair for backyard hunting?

I got a foldable Coleman camping chair a few weeks ago. It is fine. It even has pockets and it does not make any noise. Cheap enough to leave it outside permanently. The only problem, after a few hours it starts to cut into my thighs. Something that sits closer to the ground would be better. Not super low so it is still easy to get in and out. Something like this:

noname chair on Chinazone

In case someone here has tried it. Any good? It only has a few reviews so I am hesitant to order it. It seams every day I am returning something to amazon. Btw a cupholder would be a plus. TY!

I have two pretty much like that. Very comfortable. Sometimes too comfortable. 😴😴
One of them came with a sleeve type bag. It would be easy to fold up the chair, put it in the sleeve and invert it, bottoms up, so the bottom acts like an umbrella. If no bag, maybe use a garbage bag if you want to leave the seat in the woods.
The low seats like that are a bit more effort to stand up from after sitting a while, even more effort if you’re older.

Reactions: Huncowboy
The chinazone chair is much too low for this old frame.
Is portability important? If not, there are several blind chairs that are adjustable for height and have tripod type legs and feet
making them very comfortable and stable on uneven surfaces.
yes, some have cupholders too.

luck

doc
I kind of abandoned this project. This is an old post. But what tripod ones can you also height adjust? Portability is not important.

I kind of abandoned this project. This is an old post. But what tripod ones can you also height adjust? Portability is not important.
If you are referring to the ones in the first photo, I have never seen an adjustable height one ever. The first year I blind hunted for turkey my brother and I bought the one in the middle. After about a half hour we both agreed that interogators in prisoner of war camps would find them far more effective than water boarding, OMG. In the trash they went.

I now use the Millenium four leg version in photo numer two. The biggest plus on it is it swivels, and swivels silently. The legs completely collapse and store in a bag that stays attached to the underside of the seat. It is a very comfortable seat and the legs are quickly adjustable for height or un-level ground. And if it’s cold out you can set a cushion on seat to keep your bum warm.
When squirrel hunting I like to be as close to the ground as possible to help break up the human form, I also typically wear a ghillie too. I might make a new base for it that allows it to be much lower and still swivel. To me the swivel is a huge advantage because critters can pop up anywhere and to slowly swivel to get a good position is a big advantage. The only down side is that they are a bit pricey.
I’m pretty sure I have nearly a thousand dollars in woods hunting chairs in my garage. I also have a Millenium seat that straps on to a tree. I have another brand of that stayle too. Pretty comfortable but of course doesn’t swivel.

One thing that I’ve never heard people do is you can use just the seat portion of a deer hunting climber but leave the foot portion at home.
I don’t have much meat on my bum so a comfortable chair is a plus in my book.
P.S. I prefer the four legged chair as it gives a wider base for stability.

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

Reactions: Doc C.
What I'm about to confess seems funny at the initial thought of it but my wife and I repurposed our older easy chairs to our outdoor place of relaxation which is under the overhang at our wood shed up on our hill. Also some right around the corner if we want sun facing the Forest Service.

It doesn't get any more comfortable than having coffee in the morning or evening as well as sometimes plinking out of these.

Over the years a few I've loaded up and brought to the dump and it's worked out the replacements in seemingly near new condition for those I found for free.

Hillbilly lawn chairs rock!!!!

Reactions: Doc C. and rcs9250
What I'm about to confess seems funny at the initial thought of it but my wife and I repurposed our older easy chairs to our outdoor place of relaxation which is under the overhang at our wood shed up on our hill. Also some right around the corner if we want sun facing the Forest Service.

It doesn't get any more comfortable than having coffee in the morning or evening as well as sometimes plinking out of these.

Over the years a few I've loaded up and brought to the dump and it's worked out the replacements in seemingly near new condition for those I found for free.

Hillbilly lawn chairs rock!!!!
That’s awesome. I doze off easy enough in my hunting chairs. A recliner… I’d be in dream land in short order. 😂😂

Reactions: steve123
If you are referring to the ones in the first photo, I have never seen an adjustable height one ever. The first year I blind hunted for turkey my brother and I bought the one in the middle. After about a half hour we both agreed that interogators in prisoner of war camps would find them far more effective than water boarding, OMG. In the trash they went.

I now use the Millenium four leg version in photo numer two. The biggest plus on it is it swivels, and swivels silently. The legs completely collapse and store in a bag that stays attached to the underside of the seat. It is a very comfortable seat and the legs are quickly adjustable for height or un-level ground. And if it’s cold out you can set a cushion on seat to keep your bum warm.
When squirrel hunting I like to be as close to the ground as possible to help break up the human form, I also typically wear a ghillie too. I might make a new base for it that allows it to be much lower and still swivel. To me the swivel is a huge advantage because critters can pop up anywhere and to slowly swivel to get a good position is a big advantage. The only down side is that they are a bit pricey.
I’m pretty sure I have nearly a thousand dollars in woods hunting chairs in my garage. I also have a Millenium seat that straps on to a tree. I have another brand of that stayle too. Pretty comfortable but of course doesn’t swivel.

One thing that I’ve never heard people do is you can use just the seat portion of a deer hunting climber but leave the foot portion at home.
I don’t have much meat on my bum so a comfortable chair is a plus in my book.
P.S. I prefer the four legged chair as it gives a wider base for stability.

View attachment 438491

View attachment 438493
Doc mentioned some height adjustable. Anyways. The Coleman is okay. I just need to have some beer and a cigar and I will last a few hours. Somehow it seams the cigar does not keep the coons away.

I take it the beer is to celebrate the successful hunt after all the shooting is done. ;)
Suuuuure! Lol... Jokes aside once in a while I either have one or two glasses of wine or two light ones and a small cigar. Anything more than that I lose interest and pack up. I do this usually weekday evenings and with my work I am on call throughout the whole evening into the morning. So I cannot drink anyways.