• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Cometa, Felix, 400

First impressions, I ordered this gun last Friday, received it tonight. kudos to Keystone airguns. Cleaned the barrel, started shooting over the Chrono right away, was dieseling slightly settled in around 700 fps with 15.89 grain JSB’s. 17.3 fpe after about 60 shots. I stacked all those shots into a big ragged hole about an inch and a quarter in diameter at 18 yds. though I really wasn’t shooting for accuracy as my eyes don’t do well with fiber optic sights indoors. I then screwed the rear sight all the way down put a rear aperture on it and decided to see what it would do accuracy wise, Shot 2-10 shot groups easily covered with a dime probably around 3/8 I didn’t measure. This is every bit as good as I can shoot my HW 77 with aperture sights.

Very impressed so far, more to come

Finally did a bit of shooting with my 400 USC star today in .22. I mounted up an old leapers 4x32 on it which is not an ideal scope for accuracy given the thick reticle and proceeded to shoot some rws superdomes in it as i am out of ftt pellets which would probably work best in this. Was surprised it wasn't as hold sensitive as I expected and was able to get some 1"-1.5" groups at 35yrds just rested in palm on a hand truck as a shooting rest. Better scope and maybe a different pellets are definitely needed to get the most out of the gun. The built in suppressor really does seem to keep the gun quiet, and I have to say it feels like shooting a 12ftlb gun not a 17ftlb gun as far as recoil and cocking. So far I am glad I bought this rifle!

IMG_20231221_144834~2.jpg

I just got mine, quick shipping! It took a bit of cleaning to clear the barrel and is still smoking. I only have about 50sh through it, but it is clearly going to be an accurate gun. Mine has no droop whatever and the trigger is easily manageable. Frankly, the stock and shooting behavior has what Weihrauch is doing beat like a drum. My stock (Walnut) has very little figure but is well finished.