• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Cometa 400 Compact Nice Gun!!!

I'm A better reader than writer, and they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a few thousand words condensed
The gun cocks easy with a great two stage trigger
Jon from Keystone air did a get job tuning. really liking the gun Cometa brand a diamond hidden in the rough!
P.S. this has maybe 50 pellets thru it so far.

cometa 400 Compact target.jpg

comata 400 compacy.jpg

Cometa 400 compact stats.jpg

Love my .177, and my .25 is "in the mail." 😄
We talked about the triggers. I just acquired a 34 t06 and it’s raved as a good trigger. I’m not so impressed. I’m rewokingbthe springs and other mods to make it as good as I can..
I like the performance and the looks.. I just am Leary of the triggers

sorry I’m a HW/ Air Arms/ Webley Tommy snob. I want solid wall .. I don’t care if it’s two lbs(I prefer 14 oz ,beggars can’t be choosy) ,just no creep.
A good example is the Uk Patriot trigger. It’s 2.5 lbs but breaks ..no creep

Am i describing this unit like this.

We talked about the triggers. I just acquired a 34 t06 and it’s raved as a good trigger. I’m not so impressed. I’m rewokingbthe springs and other mods to make it as good as I can..

sorry I’m a HW/ Air Arms/ Webley Tommy snob. I want solid wall .. I don’t care if it’s two lbs(I prefer 14 oz ,beggars can’t be choosy) ,just no creep.

The 400 triggers are decent and can be adjusted to a predictable wall with a clean break at about 1.5lbs out of the box. That being said they're definitely not the cleanest pulls and if you're looking for a Rekord out of the box, this isn't it. In all fairness though most of these guns are under $300 (some options closer to $200) which is pretty budget friendly all things considered. I like to think of them as great beginner guns/low cost plinkers or even better as lightweight woods walking guns.

You can keep an eye on this current thread

Yep. Biggest issue with that trigger because the creep is inconsistent. Believe it’s Nitrocrushr’s article on the D54 .20 that has a nice breakdown on what he did to the trigger. Ditto what Sqwirl57 said about Cometa 400 trigger. The one on gun we bought is pretty predictable and not a lot of creep.

The more I shoot and get used to my Fenix Premier Star, the more I can detect just the slightest amount of creep -- like one, tiny single grain of sand -- just the one. Big Dan suggest it is easily and completely removed by adjusting the smaller of the two trigger screws and I intend to try this very soon.
Be cautious with that screw. It can eventually get to the point where the sear won’t engage occasionally when cocked. Ask me how I know 😉. Just be sure to hold the barrel while cocking as you play with it.

I have a RWS94 which I'm pretty sure is Cometa built and the trigger is pretty likeable. Not the greatest by any means, but light and predictable enough to work well for me.
Yes, those are cometa. And I’ve been tempted to buy used one several times. I like the stock design among other things. A Cometa in 25 tempts me. I like a magnum Springer in 25. But don’t care so much for a heavy beast.
I’m 64, strong and fit. But I spent time hunting on Pennsylvania steep ridges. That’s where I developed my taste in a rifle. If it’s going to weigh 10 pounds + scoped I might as well just take a 22 RF.

Reactions: A.G.R and bink2

I also have HW's & AA my Cometa is at least 90% them. Mine has a definite wall ,no creep. Maybe I feel that way because I was shooting a Norica and stoeger prior to this.LOL. Going to try a GRT in the Stoeger Not sure if any thing can be done with the Norica

Reactions: A.G.R
Yep. Biggest issue with that trigger because the creep is inconsistent. Believe it’s Nitrocrushr’s article on the D54 .20 that has a nice breakdown on what he did to the trigger. Ditto what Sqwirl57 said about Cometa 400 trigger. The one on gun we bought is pretty predictable and not a lot of creep.
If your referring to the T06 in the Dianna , yes in factory form it’s the worst of the three in my opinion. My old T01 with my own springs and sear work was WAY BETTER. I’m not done modding attempts on the T06 , Im changeping out springs and such now . I already did the over travel set screw. So far it’s OK .. MUSHY SECOND STAGE WALL

Last edited:
Well could be worse
. Like if they used a gamo sat or cat trigger in them ..lol

It's funny I go for on my hw to my Gamo and the trigger difference is a holy $h&@. And that with the screw mod ..lol.

Overall I just amazes me how the trigger on most guns are like a afterthought .. like gamos 2 stage adjustable that really don't adjust nothing overall . Pretty much a critical part of operation just neglected in most guns

I have a RWS94 which I'm pretty sure is Cometa built and the trigger is pretty likeable. Not the greatest by any means, but light and predictable enough to work well for me.
I always liked my RWS 94, Spanish made air rifle. I traded it years ago...I wish I had kept it. It was a great plinker, and always easiy to cock.

Cometa trigger work
Gaylord talks trigger