• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Coltri MCH 6 Owners, get in here, this thread is for you!!

Dang I hate to wait but it’ll give you time to get set up for it.
I drove up there (Oxnard, CA.) to pick mine up. It’s a pretty big shop/warehouse. It looked like they have lots of different units. I think the ones we are interested in are the small ones.
I bet you’re right that this thread has sold a few.. New buyers should share the thread with Mitch and get a discount. Maybe he could even answer questions here \ now and then.

While I'm waiting for delivery of my compressor I'm trying to get my services prepped. I have a spare 30A breaker due to changing my water heater from electric to propane a few years ago. I was thinking of just adding a plug receptacle beside my panel box and then using an extension cord to the compressor. That way I have a little more flexibility with location.

A few more questions to current users:
- is the compressor too loud for basement use? I expect any sound barrier would cause heat issues.
- when you open the 2 valves to drain water how much comes out? Is a small container necessary to collect the condensate? Is the condensate just water or is there a bit of oil mixed in?
- I want to make a small cart to set the compressor on so it's at a better work height and easy to push out of the way. When it runs does it have a tendency to want to vibrate around the surface it is resting on or does it stay where its put?
- my bottle is a DIN 300 fitting and that's what I've purchased for my compressor fill hose. Should I want to fill SCBA bottles is it better getting a CGA347 to DIN300 female adapter or just a DIN300 female w/ foster fitting and use the bottle fill whip to fill thru? Does this cause extra heat in the bottle when filling thru the whip?

- is the compressor too loud for basement use? I expect any sound barrier would cause heat issues. I run mine in the basement, not loud.
- when you open the 2 valves to drain water how much comes out? Is a small container necessary to collect the condensate? Is the condensate just water or is there a bit of oil mixed in? Maybe from 0 to 4500psi. from 3000 tp 4500psi, I got minimal water when purging at the end of the fill.
- I want to make a small cart to set the compressor on so it's at a better work height and easy to push out of the way. When it runs does it have a tendency to want to vibrate around the surface it is resting on or does it stay where its put? Great minds think alike. I installed my plug close to the panel. I just ordered a 24" x 18" plastic cart off Amazon along with a generator cover. I can then wheel my cart over to the plug when using it, and over by the work bench when I need to work on it. Cover will keep it clean, and I will build a tank holder onto the cart to hang my bottle.
- my bottle is a DIN 300 fitting and that's what I've purchased for my compressor fill hose. Should I want to fill SCBA bottles is it better getting a CGA347 to DIN300 female adapter or just a DIN300 female w/ foster fitting and use the bottle fill whip to fill thru? Does this cause extra heat in the bottle when filling thru the whip? Not sure, if it was me, I would go CGA347 to Din 300.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
- is the compressor too loud for basement use? I expect any sound barrier would cause heat issues. I run mine in the basement, not loud.
- when you open the 2 valves to drain water how much comes out? Is a small container necessary to collect the condensate? Is the condensate just water or is there a bit of oil mixed in? Maybe from 0 to 4500psi. from 3000 tp 4500psi, I got minimal water when purging at the end of the fill.
- I want to make a small cart to set the compressor on so it's at a better work height and easy to push out of the way. When it runs does it have a tendency to want to vibrate around the surface it is resting on or does it stay where its put? Great minds think alike. I installed my plug close to the panel. I just ordered a 24" x 18" plastic cart off Amazon along with a generator cover. I can then wheel my cart over to the plug when using it, and over by the work bench when I need to work on it. Cover will keep it clean, and I will build a tank holder onto the cart to hang my bottle.
- my bottle is a DIN 300 fitting and that's what I've purchased for my compressor fill hose. Should I want to fill SCBA bottles is it better getting a CGA347 to DIN300 female adapter or just a DIN300 female w/ foster fitting and use the bottle fill whip to fill thru? Does this cause extra heat in the bottle when filling thru the whip? Not sure, if it was me, I would go CGA347 to Din 300.
What generator cover did you get? I wasn’t paying $200 for the Nuvair one!

Reactions: igolfat8
1679875861862.png

Reactions: BigVitamin
I grabbed a cheap grill cover and used a cart I got from harbor freight I can fill with the din300 to scba with an adapter which works all right also have foster fitting adapter it seems like it causes a little more heat fill with the whip I have one 30 min tank that I filled from empty to 4500 and it seemed a little warmer than the others I was thinking about also putting hoses on my drains so it doesn't spray all over the cart you do get a little oil it isnt much as far as moisture if your just topping off but you do get a good amount filling from empty

I grabbed a cheap grill cover and used a cart I got from harbor freight I can fill with the din300 to scba with an adapter which works all right also have foster fitting adapter it seems like it causes a little more heat fill with the whip I have one 30 min tank that I filled from empty to 4500 and it seemed a little warmer than the others I was thinking about also putting hoses on my drains so it doesn't spray all over the cart you do get a little oil it isnt much as far as moisture if your just topping off but you do get a good amount filling from empty
My father modified a large harbor freight rolling cart by adding some planks to the middle. The icon fits perfect with nothing sticking out. I’m going to measure my icon since I think it’s dimensions may be different from the standard mch 6, though I’m not sure. Then I’ll find a cover that matches.

i got a chance to wire my Coltri yesterday (monday) i purchased the 15ft 10 gauge 3 wire cord from home -d , got the female & male ends from industrial power & used a 30 Amp double pole Breaker, hooked it up ,opened the drain valve , & ran it for 5 minutes , hooked up my great white, & topped it off in nothing flat (really quick) didn't think about using a timer ( was watching & listening to it run ) btw i set it on an old rubber tired cart that i purchased at a car show yrs ago to haul my speed parts i purchased , works great ,i am very happy that i have the Coltri..

Pics man...Pics.... i did take pics with my phone , but i am not smart enough to know how to post them ,( i only use my smarter than me phone for a phone & camera , i hate texting & will never receive EM on it) i will have my grand son send them to my email on my Pc this coming week end , my Coltri Does not have the Icon stickers , but salesman Mitch said i have the Icon frame..

i got a chance to wire my Coltri yesterday (monday) i purchased the 15ft 10 gauge 3 wire cord from home -d , got the female & male ends from industrial power & used a 30 Amp double pole Breaker, hooked it up ,opened the drain valve , & ran it for 5 minutes , hooked up my great white, & topped it off in nothing flat (really quick) didn't think about using a timer ( was watching & listening to it run ) btw i set it on an old rubber tired cart that i purchased at a car show yrs ago to haul my speed parts i purchased , works great ,i am very happy that i have the Coltri..
Good to hear you are up and running

Reactions: RAMJET66
Mines a rv plug 30 amp 110 on its own Daystate Coltri. Love it. Haven’t used it a ton but 12 hours. Belt was crap In 5 hours but easy to get one. Note that aoa sold me oem belt wasn’t right fit way to short. Way to tight. So got a gates from auto store. I changed oil after 2 hours. They say 5 but oil is its life so I changed it 3 times in 12 hours. Looks nice clean Think that’s a plus to keep clean oil as they got hot. Mine gets 190 degrees from a 200 bar to 4500. Don’t take long though. 12 minutes I think. Very quiet little thing. Open the drain up every 4 or so minor as I see no wetness at all.

Reactions: Camaro454
Just got mine up and running. Filled a guppy from 3500 to 4500 and a 7200 tank from 3800 to 4500 fps in a total of 5 or 6 minutes. I did notice a small amount of smoke from air inlet cap when compressor stopped running. Also I noticed a few bubbles floating on top of coolant in sight glass. Anybody else experience this. I assume it’s normal, just looking for confirmation. I think this may be my best airgun related purchase ever!
588267F2-4676-4797-BA36-4E9934A22EEA.jpeg