• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Coltri MCH 6 Owners, get in here, this thread is for you!!

i called my salesman Mitch @Nuvair yesterday to check on my compressor, & questioned him about the differences in the Icon & he stated that it is mainly the frame that is newer,(suposed to a little lighter weight) that the compressor case's have not been sand casted for about the last 5 yrs. any way my Coltri should ship late this week, & should be here by the end of next week..
Maybe the original version was sand cast. A two year old video shows the MCH6 pump housing being cast in a permanent mold with a sand core. I’m assuming that’s how my two year old MCH6 was cast.

A more recent video says the Icon is now die cast. That’s the best method for high volume production.

Last edited:
Reactions: tibor
Maybe the original version was sand cast. A two year old video shows the MCH6 pump housing being cast in a permanent mold with a sand core. I’m assuming that’s how my two year old MCH6 was cast.

A more recent video says the Icon is now die cast. That’s the best method for high volume production.
sorry, i was only relaying what Mitch told me .

Reactions: Scotchmo
sorry, i was only relaying what Mitch told me .
I understand. Does it really even matter to the end user? From a function standpoint, any of the casting methods are fine with me (investment, sand, permanent mold, die cast).

It has more to do with economics and production volume. I had a Norton Commando in the late 1970’s and all of the major castings were still sand cast. Even the first Honda 750 fours had sand cast engine blocks, later changed to die cast when the production volume was being increased to meet demand.

The changes in production methods for the new Icon MCH6 seems to indicate that Coltri is doing well and in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
I put my order in yesterday. Mitch said 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to ship date. How did you guys configure your fill whip? I went with a male foster quick disconnect as it is what I have on my old compressor.
mine was shipped out today,hopefully i will receive by next friday the17th, I ordered a female quick connect, & will use a double male con in between the 2 females. purchased compressor from Mitch also..

Reactions: Westypete
Does Nuvair send the compressor with the air filter installed? They sent it filled with oil, so I assume they did. I didn’t see it in the box and just wanted to check before I fire it up.
i was told by Mitch @ Nuvair that the compressor is tested before geting shipped, i would just call Mitch to confirm if it were me..his ph # should be on your order receipt, if you need it , i will look mine up for you..

Well, I fired my up for the first time, I had a small snafu. When I fired mine up, it had a leak by the pressure gauge, and I noticed the red safety valve was marked 250 Bar. But Craig at Nuvair took good care of me. The gauge was damaged in shipping, and they installed the incorrect safety valve.

So, they Fed Ex me new parts which I finally had time to install today after work. Checked everything and fired it up. about 8 mins later...BAM, 4500 PSI on my 74CF tank.

I finally got a full charge on my tank and my Brocock for the first time in a year...Hooah!

This air independence thing is no joke!!

TknfnFG.jpg

ctVbmBS.jpg

I have it sitting on my target stand for now. But I'm going to invest in a small cart so I can roll it to the receptacle when it's time to fill and then place a cover on it and wheel it out of the way. I think I may also build a tank holder onto the side of the cart to hold my tank during refill.
Definitely glad I got it.

And yes, the oil and filters were also in mine when it came with 1 hr run time on the hour meter. If you remove the top of the filter and your filter does not pop up, just reach in with a needle nose and give it a quick little upward tug, Craig told me that sometimes the filter cartridge, which may not be perfectly round, can get wedged in. I did that and mine popped right up for removal and inspection. I also got a brand-new bottle of oil as well, so I will be set for quite some time in the oil dept.

I do like the fill fitting configuration. It has its own on/off valve knob, plus the bleeder valve. When I start a fill,

- Make sure both drains on unit are open
- screw fitting to bottle, then close the off knob on the fitting
- Open the on/off valve on my tank (No back pressure on the compressor as it stops at the fill fitting on/off knob), plus now I can see the tank pressure.
- Start compressor
- close both drain valves.
- Watch gauge on compressor until it reaches my fill psi of 4500 (I go a bit over)
- turn off valve on fill fitting
- close valve on tank
- open both drain valves on compressor
- open bleed valve on fill fitting and then remove fitting from tank
- let the compressor run for a few minutes with drain valves open to let fan cool down motor
- shut off compressor.

I did not have to open drain valves during fill as it was only around 7-8 mins to fill from 3200 psi to 4600psi. If I was filling from empty, I would.

That's been my experience so far on fill #1

If it runs while you hold it, its not the breaker. That would trip. Must be just the switch. Cal them and they will take care of you. My pressure gauge was damaged in shipping even though the pallet and carton looked fine.
5xwAGg7.jpg

Due to the weight, poor fork handling can cause damage if the pallet is dropped hard and the weight of it can cause issues.
Yep, I’ll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what they say.