• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Coltri MCH 6 Owners, get in here, this thread is for you!!

wdMSPGs.jpg

The color code on the wiring has me confused, I shot this pic to Craig at Nuvair, not sure which two are hot.

1677634101150.png

Feb 9th is when I ordered.
thanks, feb 13 for me, if i would not have been hem hawing around i would already have mine,( i had a hard time convincing myself to buy it , this will be my 3rd compressor i have purchased & had bad luck with the 1st 2). i called Mitch @ Nuvair yesterday , mine is assembled & going to testing, hopefully it will get shipped next week i hope i get lucky & receive an Icon..

Reactions: tibor
They come with a red safety valve.
qlk6nxN.jpg

The one I have is wrong and Nuvair is sending me the correct one. 330 Bar/4786PSI is what I will get.

So even if you walk away, the valve releases at that preset pressure. So, no chance of blowing anything up.

When filling a bottle like mine (74CF), I will always be filling when the bottle drops to 3000psi, and it will take about 6-8 mins to get back to 4500PSI.

So, no need to walk away.
Hook up bottle, watch gauge until it hits 4500, shut down. My experience with most mechanical devices is the more manual they are, the less there is to break or go wrong.

And most SCBA tanks are rated well above the 4500 PSI top end pressure. So, you will blow a safety valve long before you blow up a Tank.

They come with a red safety valve.
qlk6nxN.jpg

The one I have is wrong and Nuvair is sending me the correct one. 330 Bar/4786PSI is what I will get.

So even if you walk away, the valve releases at that preset pressure. So, no chance of blowing anything up.

When filling a bottle like mine (74CF), I will always be filling when the bottle drops to 3000psi, and it will take about 6-8 mins to get back to 4500PSI.

So, no need to walk away.
Hook up bottle, watch gauge until it hits 4500, shut down. My experience with most mechanical devices is the more manual they are, the less there is to break or go wrong.

And most SCBA tanks are rated well above the 4500 PSI top end pressure. So, you will blow a safety valve long before you blow up a Tank.
yes , that is what was told to me by my salesman, but i got the option for the switch anyway, still impatiently waitng for mine..

Last edited:
i called my salesman Mitch @Nuvair yesterday to check on my compressor, & questioned him about the differences in the Icon & he stated that it is mainly the frame that is newer,(suposed to a little lighter weight) that the compressor case's have not been sand casted for about the last 5 yrs. any way my Coltri should ship late this week, & should be here by the end of next week..

Reactions: trlrman
I bought a gas model about 1.5 years ago. So nice not having to go into town to get air!

However mine is hard to start in the winter in my cold garage and even though had I changed the engine oil to the lightest I could find. Throughout the years the Honda engined tools I've had started easier than this one does.
Yes I make sure all the valves are wide open before I start pulling on that handle over and over again.
I think part of the problem I have is I live at 6640 ft elevation and the jetting isn't tuned for my altitude???

I used an old electric blanket turned up on high to wrap around it for a few hours but it quit working so I do my filling on warmer days.

Reactions: SlimPlinkins