Coltri MCH 6 Owners, get in here, this thread is for you!!

i purchased one from Nuvair today (monday), thru Mitch (salesman) he is a great guy to deal with ,i got the 220 volt with a preasure switch option. the sale price $ 2,495.00, preasure switch $ 200 , shipping=$ 285.51 ( to illinois)=$2,980.51 & NO Sales tax. i wanted a Alkin , but not for the $$ they wanted ..i think i will be happy with the Coltri.. BTW , Mitch said they have been selling alot of them , but they have a few left..
I got mine four years ago and shipping was $140.00. That was UPS to my door.

lucky you, , unfortunatly fuel/gas has doubled since then , i wish that i had payed what you did , but it is already $ spent. how is your Coltri working out for you ?
No problems and I shoot a lot more now that I have my own. Shipping was less when I got mine, but the compressor was more. With all the inflation crap the price for a MCH-6 is a deal that anyone wanting a compressor should jump on.

Reactions: RAMJET66
When starting the compressor the bleeder valve should be open on the compressor and the valve on the tank should be closed so there is no pressure in the line and no back pressure on the cylinders. That way your start-up load is only free spinning of the compressor. Then once the compressor is running close the bleed valves and SLOWLY open the valve to the tank.

Reactions: Wauzoo and Harv24
When starting the compressor the bleeder valve should be open on the compressor and the valve on the tank should be closed so there is no pressure in the line and no back pressure on the cylinders. That way your start-up load is only free spinning of the compressor. Then once the compressor is running close the bleed valves and SLOWLY open the valve to the tank.
That's a great tip. C'mon you Coltri owners, lets see some pics.

It is my understanding that Coltri MCH6's don't have a Pressure Maintaining Valve or any back check valves. Therefore, if you are topping off a tank I would suggest not opening the tank valve until the pressure gauge on the compressor has reached approximately the same pressure that's in your tank. If you open your tank valve before the compressor builds pressure you are backloading the compressor and will cause excess pressure on the check valve in the 4th. stage.

It is my understanding that Coltri MCH6's don't have a Pressure Maintaining Valve or any back check valves. Therefore, if you are topping off a tank I would suggest not opening the tank valve until the pressure gauge on the compressor has reached approximately the same pressure that's in your tank. If you open your tank valve before the compressor builds pressure you are backloading the compressor and will cause excess pressure on the check valve in the 4th. stage.
I open my bottle with the bleeders open and closed no pressure shows up on the gauge on my MCH 6 but when you bleed off the water while filling the check valve seems to stay open

I say the Alkin boys challenge the Coltri boys to a Sunday tackle football game at the park! Play for compressor pink slips! Well provide the cheerleaders, you Coltri boys bring on the bar b que.!

Congrats on your purchase, Harv! 2023 is starting off great for ya!

Regarding electrical, if you do exactly as required in the owners manual, you can’t go wrong. If you have some construction and electrical skills but are unfamiliar with the electrical “etiquette” buy the easy read booklet from Lowe’s or Home Depot called WIRING SIMPLIFIED. You can pay attention to all the specs regarding breakers, disconnects and plug types, but if you unknowingly exceed the distance from breaker panel to receptacle(plus the length of the compressors cord), and you don’t pay attention to wire size and load capacities, you can do some serious harm. Don’t go cheap on the install either, cause whatever you’re saving by cutting corners now you’ll pay most definitely in a short lived compressor or worse yet, death or fire.

Understand that a properly installed ground is more important than the rest of the wiring, for safety’s sake.
Also, pay close attention the motor rotation direction.

I look forward to this thread to grow like the Alkin thread has, as this’ll be another fine source of feedback for anyone looking to upgrade to the upper tier compressors.

Must have been a mistake ?
Some good looking "old stock"
20230220_121156.jpg

You can get the plug and receptacle at Home Depot. 220v is basically 2hot wire and 1ground. Ground is usually the green wire. Just make sure you have the correct size (amp) breaker (double pole) and use the right size wire if you’re gonna run new line. You can always get the 220v plug and use your dryer outlet if you don’t want to run a new 220v line.

If anyone can show pics of their plug and receptacle set ups,(220v) that would be great.
Here you go, Harv. If you or your electrician are running a new circuit, this is all the terminal connection type you’ll need.
So from that outlet on the wall I run a 25’ length of 12ga cord to the compressor. I cut the factory cord ends off, installed this type and also on the compressors cord-
B8BFB740-CDC7-4A6C-B323-F9CCC8F3DF0F.png
4463397A-A9B1-4D14-9E98-0C65506ABB75.png
72B08940-8830-4C9E-806A-4919C19CDA73.png
491B06C3-CA92-4BE3-B895-7257F6A17966.png

from my conversation with Mitch the salesman @Nuvair there is a safety built in that release's the air @4700 psi, but the compressor keeps running till ya shut it off, & it is adjustable, i told him to set mine to 4600 psi , i also paid for a switch , which, can be purchased later if you want & add it yourself...