• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Colt or Sig

I have the Colt.177 co2 made by Umarex, great replica,it is more $$ than the BB ones worth it to me.
012.JPG

Reactions: Peashooter
First, you may get more responses, if it were posted in the..."pistol" section of the forum !

Second, are you looking for a pellet gun, or a BB 1911 Government ?

BB guns aren't very accurate by nature. Pellet guns are MUCH more accurate, and to a longer distance.

I was also, recently in the hint for a well done 1911 Government copy. I looked at every one sold today, reviewed both in writing, and on YouTube. Not happy with the BB style, as I have a couple of higher end BB guns. While they can...be MADE sort of accurate, it takes a bit of work in modifying things.

I looked at the Umarex, pellet shooting version. While the double bladed trigger is a little odd, overall, the gun is very nice. No, there is no "blowback" of the slide...sorry. The pellet magazine is a round, made of aluminum item, as many Umarex guns have. The gun is also set up as a single AND double action trigger, hence the double bladed trigger. For single action shooting, you must pull the hammer back s I mentioned, the slide does not move. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but in the single action mode, it's not that bad.

Overall, this 1911 Government version is worth the extra money. Even the factory grips are nice. Not gonna change them.

1656427525446.jpeg

Note, that's a cat hair on the slide release, not a big scratch ! I should retake the photo.

Mike

If someone made a airgun looking like that, stacking about 20 or so .177 slugs in the MAG, and was tethered to a bottle on the back as you would need ungodly pressure to accelerate a slug thru a 100 mm long barrel.
And most of the handle being the plenum.
Well i would be first in line

PS: I would not expect blowback either, that is not needed when there are no shells to dispense off IMHO

Last edited:
If someone made a airgun looking like that, stacking about 20 or so .177 slugs in the MAG, and was tethered to a bottle on the back as you would need ungodly pressure to accelerate a slug thru a 100 mm long barrel.
And most of the handle being the plenum.
Well i would be first in line

PS: I would not expect blowback either, that is not needed when there are no shells to dispense off IMHO
WHAT...are you talking about ?
You speaking of my (and boscos') Colt replica ? WHO 'S stacking pellets, you...surly not me !!
It's a fine working 1911 replica...thank you...sir..!

I think you may have too much...lunch !

Mike

I am just talking about a conventional magazine, which it is my belief that it can only work with slugs as pellets would get skirt damage getting stacked on top of each other and compressed by a spring.

And just saying i want a PCP pistol to look like the 1911 that would be fine too, and be semiautomatic..

As to CO2 powered BB or pellet guns, i can say nothing at all as i never even tried one