• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Colorado silhouette fun

Looking to start shooting air rifle silhouette here on the front range. We live on the south side of Denver so we'll either be shooting at Aurora gun club
or at a private range outside of Sedalia.
We have two full sets of 1/10 scale targets{80}.
There will be two matches, first one will be shot off the bench at 22 long rifle silhouette distances chickens 40m,pigs 60m,turkeys 77m and rams 100meters.
Second match will be shot offhand at normal NRA distances, chickens 20yds,pigs 30yds, turkeys 36yds and rams 45yds. You do not have to shoot both.
Would like to start in March if weather permits and have once a month. Were thinking the 2nd Saturday of every month. Also time permitting and if there is some interest we will have 100yd benchrest competition for score, any caliber air rifle, any velocity. Silhouette will be limited to 177 and 22 caliber guns, any power level is acceptable.
Email me at [email protected]

Reactions: Tominco
Looking to start shooting air rifle silhouette here on the front range. We live on the south side of Denver so we'll either be shooting at Aurora gun club
or at a private range outside of Sedalia.
We have two full sets of 1/10 scale targets{80}.
There will be two matches, first one will be shot off the bench at 22 long rifle silhouette distances chickens 40m,pigs 60m,turkeys 77m and rams 100meters.
Second match will be shot offhand at normal NRA distances, chickens 20yds,pigs 30yds, turkeys 36yds and rams 45yds. You do not have to shoot both.
Would like to start in March if weather permits and have once a month. Were thinking the 2nd Saturday of every month. Also time permitting and if there is some interest we will have 100yd benchrest competition for score, any caliber air rifle, any velocity. Silhouette will be limited to 177 and 22 caliber guns, any power level is acceptable.
Email me at [email protected]

Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to set up places and dates for us here in the greater Denver area. I will pass along this post to the many I know that will be very interested.

-Blue! Good to see you around.

So it looks like Saturday the 13th will be the day weather permitting, I will keep people posted and we should have a pretty good idea about upcoming snowstorms by next week this time.
What I do know for certain is it will be at Fosters on the creek which is on hwy 105 south of Sedalia and west of Castle Rock. I've also purchased paper targets for the 100yd benchrest any air rifle match.
I have two tanks I can fill peoples pcp guns with for a small fee if you don't have a tank.
Speaking of fees I'm not going collect any or give any awards unless people want to throw 5-10.00 in a pot for the winner of the match they plan on shooting.{I'm hoping my scope has enough elevation to shoot 100yds!!} because I plan on shooting it with one of my pip-squeak 177's.
The range will be open by 830 and we'll start at 10am, come early and get your guns zeroed.
Interested parties will have to email me for specific directions at [email protected]

Well unfortunately the weather forecast is not looking good for next weekend, snow on Friday night and a high of 40 on Saturday, this is Colorado and you never know if that 7 day cycle of snow is going to hit on a weekend, last weekend it was Sunday.
Don't be discouraged because time is on our side in this case!
April 10th is the second Saturday in the coming month, we'll try again that day. 

Well that ended up being an interesting weekend! I got 27" of snow starting on the Saturday we were going to shoot.

Since the original post I fell and sustained some fairly serious shoulder damage, not sure when I'll have surgery yet but I've enlisted some help for the air rifle shoot so if the weather cooperates we'll be shooting! 

I picked up the targets for the paper matches, ones suitable for 50yds and 100yds.

In April the second Saturday falls on the 10th, stay tuned for updates.

On Saturday April 10th weather permitting I'm hosting a match at Fosters on the Creek.
1.We'll start off the day at 8am sighting in and if everyone is ready by 930 we'll shoot a 50yd paper match for score using the 25 bull USBR target, time limit is 20 minutes with a time out available for pcp shooters to re-fill if needed. Guns limited to .177 and 22 cal, no power restriction.
2.After that if there's anyone that wants to shoot a 40 shot off hand silhouette match we'll have one, limited to .177 and 22 cal. guns, no power restriction. Distances will be in accordance with NRA rules, 20yds, 30yds, 36yds and 45yds. NRA time limits apply, 2.5 minute per 5 shot string.
3.Following that match is a air rifle benchrest silhouette match shot at 22lr distances, limited to 177 and 22cal guns no power restrictions, 40meters,60m,77m and 100m.
4.To conclude the day we'll shoot a unlimited class 100yd benchrest match, any caliber, 3 shots for score on 5 bulls, it will be a 50yd smallbore rifle target. Time limit will be 5minutes to establish a zero and 10minutes to shoot the 15 shots, a time out will be allowed for pcp shooters to refill if necessary.
There is no match fee but targets will be 1.00 each and pcp gun refills are 2.00 each.

Email me for directions to the range and to register. [email protected]

Sounds like fun! I have to work on April 10th unless I *cough, cough* call out sick.

I'd be happy to bring some targets, if I'm certain that I can make a future date! I have quite a few! lol!

I shoot Steel Pt. 1

I shoot Steel Pt. 2

I also have a set of 1/10 scale spinner silhouettes for what you describe in #3. 

I'll shoot you an email. 

Tom