Collapsible backpack PCP gun with under a 3600 fill pressure?

I am looking for a PCP airgun for a back pack build, small compact, .25 caliber.

I had my eyes on the leshiy classic till I saw it was a 300 bar fill pressure for maximum amount of shots.... what would you guys recommend? or do any of you run a leshiy classic only filling to about 230 bar area? if so whats your shot count like?

You could tune the gun you choose for the 3600 lower fill pressure. They don't necessarily have to be filled to maximum pressure to maximize shot count and accuracy. The downside is that you loose energy with a lower pressure tune. Is a goal higher energy with the project?

Yeah it is more so to be a "bug out" gun, so I am looking for more FPE but also efficiency, I know, gotta pay to play. I have an extreme big bore booster pump to fill to 300 bar, my compressor will also go that high but I don't like taxing it to fill that high. 

Well for the most part airguns are pretty equal in efficiency these days, so you might not be able to find a 3k gun with the same shot count and power as the 4.3k, especially in pistol/compact form. May be just the same as filling your classic to 3k, and you always have the option of going to 4.3k if you can. If the leshiy classic checks all the other boxes for you, i would go with that personally. 

Well for the most part airguns are pretty equal in efficiency these days, so you might not be able to find a 3k gun with the same shot count and power as the 4.3k, especially in pistol/compact form. May be just the same as filling your classic to 3k, and you always have the option of going to 4.3k if you can. If the leshiy classic checks all the other boxes for you, i would go with that personally. 

Yeah it pretty much does, I was just hoping maybe there was something I overlooked and someone could bring to light. If need be I can and will fill to 4500, its a small bottle on that thing anyways I guess so not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

I run my leshiy2 up to 250b fill. I never fill it to 300 because I’m a firm believer that higher fill pressures put more stress on components. I still get 4+ mags on that fill in .22 at 26fpe. Which is plenty for my walks in the woods.

I second this, I have the 300cc bottle on my L2. I always fill to 250bar and I get 6 mags of stopping power. Mine is also a 25 cal and I use mine exactly the way your describing you will carry yours. I always have all of my medication and supplements with me in this bag and then my L2 stores nicely in there.

I'm very happy with my choice and setup.

20220128_132221.1643394160.jpg

Pretty hard to compete with a Leshiy 2 when thinking compact and powerful. I also fill to 250 bar with no problems , I do have a 480cc bottle on mine so the shot count is three times what you would get from a stock setup.

this is the kind of info I needed, I was thinking about just ordering a brand new 2.0 from Utah with scope etc already setup , I need to do some research on reviews on the 2.0 the cost is significantly more over the classic, but completely justified.

I have a Leshiy classic and I agree with *not* filling it over 250 bar. Just because it's rated for 300 does not make it ideal. The regulator comes from the factory set around 130 bar. Sorry, I don't have a shot count. This is highly dependent on which caliber and hammer tension you set up. I fill with a hand pump and the effort gets considerably harder above 250 bar. I used to pump it up to 280-290 bar, but think I started getting regulator creep, and I think I need to pull the reg to clean, lube and reseal.

Great pistol, my favorite setup is 350mm barrel, .22 cal, hammer spring 14 clicks CCW ( from full CW stop position, click detents), JSB 14.3 gr pellet @ 865 fps.

Marks Leshiy 22 Setup 2 20191122.1643402289.jpg

Marks Leshiy 22 Setup 1 20191122.1643402304.jpg

Here's my range table, generated by Strelok pro. Using an SWFA 3-15 scope with high tactical rings, MOA quat reticle. Zeroed at 20yd, see the right-hand column, pretty much point and shoot 20-40yd using center crossing aim point.

LESHIY Range Card BORIS 22 JSB 14p3 865 20200101.1643402643.jpg

I run my leshiy2 up to 250b fill. I never fill it to 300 because I’m a firm believer that higher fill pressures put more stress on components. I still get 4+ mags on that fill in .22 at 26fpe. Which is plenty for my walks in the woods.

This is great info, I am looking at the leshiy2 as well for the semi auto feature, would you mind shooting me a message?

I believe there is a video showing the Classic is less efficient when filled to 300 bar. Like fewer shots from 300 bar to 250 bar than from 250 to 200 bar.

At least I think that's what it suggested. I'll see if I can find the video. 

I don't fill my Classics above 240 bar for this reason & due to what MadeInTheUK mentioned. 

Pretty hard to compete with a Leshiy 2 when thinking compact and powerful. I also fill to 250 bar with no problems , I do have a 480cc bottle on mine so the shot count is three times what you would get from a stock setup.

this is the kind of info I needed, I was thinking about just ordering a brand new 2.0 from Utah with scope etc already setup , I need to do some research on reviews on the 2.0 the cost is significantly more over the classic, but completely justified.

Utah Air does custom air gunsmith work also. You might want to contact them and inquire as to whether they are able to sell you that bigger bottle and install it for you before delivery.