Cold weather and pressure loss?

Prior to hunting, I always take the gun I intend to use out of the safe, place it in its travel hard case, and leave it outside for awhile prior to heading to my hunting destination. I have trucks, so I put the cased guns in the bed for travel and to keep them at outside temps. When I return home, I open the cases and leave the guns to return to room temps in the house. Then, wipe em down and back in the safe.

I live in Ohio, so our winters are similar. This process of climatizing my guns, binoculars, and other gear has worked very well for me.

"ajshoots"Prior to hunting, I always take the gun I intend to use out of the safe, place it in its travel hard case, and leave it outside for awhile prior to heading to my hunting destination. I have trucks, so I put the cased guns in the bed for travel and to keep them at outside temps. When I return home, I open the cases and leave the guns to return to room temps in the house. Then, wipe em down and back in the safe.

I live in Ohio, so our winters are similar. This process of climatizing my guns, binoculars, and other gear has worked very well for me.
Good advice. I do this same thing with my deer rifle.

Just think of your pcp air rifle as you would your tires on a car. In the winter you add air because air contracts as it gets colder and expands as it heats so you let air out in the summer. Just hunted with my Airforce condor today pumped it up to 2900 in side set it in my truck overnight and when I got it out to go hunting it dropped 300 psi so I pumped it back up to 2900 and its 20 degrees outside. You will also get fewer shots in colder weather.