• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cold almost everywhere in the USA

Some extremes of temperatures, whilst we in England have rain and strong winds and it won't subside untill next weekend. 

That means rat shooting, although fun it's rather boring after a while.

Looking forward to longer days and drier weather to bring the quarry out. 

Its rather annoying as I'm on furlough due to the pandemic, only rats to shoot, untill the weather pattern changes. 

Not sure to be excited that you have a pastime, or concerned that you have such a rat problem.

This isn't snow but sleet just the beginning, there is a TON more heading right at us every color on the radar pink blue and aqua, just wonderful...hope the power lines hold!
0214211736.1613347395.jpg

@LostInTejas This close to zero thing has me a little concerned. I really don’t feel like digging up water lines, especially in this weather. I’ve been leaving some faucets running at night hoping that the flow will hinder freezing pipes solid. Haven’t encountered single digit temps in Texas. What do you do to help stop your pipes from freezing? 

I sure as hell ain’t doing any outdoor target shootin in this mess, but I was thinkin that there may be some good hog huntin opportunities during daylight hours on these cold days. I can’t see many hogs wanting to come out at night with these single-digit forecasted temps coming in the next few days.

In addition to leaving your faucets dripping pour some RV & Marine Anti Freeze down your drains.

Way to cold here to do any shooting but at least I've been able to catch up on my gun cleaning.

Woke up to 8 degrees this morning,in mid E Texas, just south of Tyler. Local station is predicting 1 tonight. We also have about 7" of fine power snow on the ground which is highly unusual, most of the time when we get snow it is heavy and wet. Last month had a snowstorm, the heavy wet stuff, that took down a lot of live oak limbs in my neighbor across the street, The supply line from transformer on his side of the street was downed by a falling limb, and when his line ripped loose, it tore all the lines loose from the transforme, incuding ours, so we were without power for 48 hours. They had to get a tree service out to clear power lines and a path for his line before the power company would come out and reconnect.

Our power was out a little while between 3 and 4 this morning, but not long enough for the house to cool down,

This is really rare , two,for us major store storms in a year, and especially in a months time.. More "wintry" mix predicted Wednesday, I had the VA schedule me a dr's appoint for Wed to see abut getting cataracts fixed, but called and asked to reschedule, as the appoint is in the next town over, about 30 miles and I have no desire to get out on the roads.

The coldest I have seen was -35 in late Jan back in 91 in Gander Newfondland when we landed to refuel on the way to the UK to set up a contingency hospital for the USAF during desert storm. Lots of snow and ice there, but we did not have tv or good weather reporting at our housing quarters or at the hospital so don't know how cold it really got, but did get into a white out on a bus once. for a while.

Actually a little warmer than expected in WNY 20's and a little snow. Went on a 3.25 mile snow shoe this weekend. So great to be outdoors in the woods with the wife. Outstanding conditions and lots of fresh air! Saw 2 bluebirds at work today on my break (I walk outside on my short breaks) and last Friday saw a flock of 15 Robins picking at the crabapples! Starlings never left the area this winter (never a good thing) and actually saw a green Heron 2 weekends ago on another snow shoe walk. Spring has to be getting closer!