• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cold almost everywhere in the USA

20210213_152113.1613274323.jpg
Show your cold weather.
20210213_143436.1613270969.jpg

Nothing exciting here, just cold. Might be snow over night, and that would be welcome to insulate the ground from the low single digits the next two nights.

Texas isn't equipped for weather like this. It could get sporting. As long as our water line stays unfrozen/broken, and our septic doesn't freeze, all will be good. Both are only a few inches below ground in these parts.

@LostinTejas It’s below freezing again and the worst is yet to come. Feels like the Midwest’s winter came to visit.

Yea, we haven't seen above freezing temps in several days now. Looking like Friday will be the next time it gets that way. 20's and even teens are doable. Low single digits and maybe even zero is not typical at all. Looking to be the coldest temps of my lifetime and longest duration of sub freezing. No sun either, the overcast has been the norm.

@LostInTejas This close to zero thing has me a little concerned. I really don’t feel like digging up water lines, especially in this weather. I’ve been leaving some faucets running at night hoping that the flow will hinder freezing pipes solid. Haven’t encountered single digit temps in Texas. What do you do to help stop your pipes from freezing? 

I sure as hell ain’t doing any outdoor target shootin in this mess, but I was thinkin that there may be some good hog huntin opportunities during daylight hours on these cold days. I can’t see many hogs wanting to come out at night with these single-digit forecasted temps coming in the next few days.