• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cocking lever problem with my Fx Impact

I don’t know if this will be of any help. I’ve got a couple PCP’s the latest addition is. Brocock sniper . Having been used to shooting a Red Wolf which requires no effort and going to the Brocock I was almost convinced that my gun wasn’t cocking either. I takes a rather considerable pull. If it’s NOT cocking perhaps it’s not catching on the trigger sear? Have you adjusted the trigger or made any adjustments to the gun John Heckman 

I had the same thing happen about a year ago. If I pulled the lever back quickly it would not cock, but if I pulled it back slowly and held it back with some effort as far back as it would go, it would cock. If I remember correctly, I believe I simply adjusted the trigger and it fixed it. You can call Ernest at FXUSA and ask him but I'm pretty sure that he is gonna tell you that the trigger simply got out of adjustment. Go ahead and give him a call at 1-866-639-0772 and ask to speak to Ernest ... or e-mail him at [email protected]

There's a pin on the botton of the cocking block. They bend, ????

Yes, apparently something in the cocking mechanism does bend!

My gun is a gen 1 Impact. 

While having some resistance feeding a pellet into the chamber I needed to be more aggressive on the cocking lever than normal. After that the sear would not engage. 

While researching, I found this thread. I then started tapping the cocking lever toward the open position to bend it back. The sear started engaging and with a few more taps became more positive and the problem was solved....for now.!! 

An over adjusted hammer spring will do this have you tried turning the power wheel down to min and cocking the gun
I turned up my “micro barrel roller” past 5 and the “macro power wheel” was set to 16 I thought I damaged something because when I went to cock it, it felt different and when I went to push the cocking lever back up to shoot it wouldn’t go up so I turned the “micro barrel roller” back down and took a shot and it was a very low FPS so I got so scared I damaged something but my second shot was shooting fine again but could I of still damaged something I can’t stop thinking about it

No, I didn't adjust anything.I noticed recently that it'll cock only when I pull the lever with some strength , any one have any idea?
The hammer spring is about maxed out and the sear isn't catching the hammer to cock it takes a little pressure off the spring by moving power wheel or micro adjuster

Reactions: Godlike1125