• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results COA final FT match of the season

Yesterday COA hosted their last Field Target match of the season.
The morning started out a bit colder, I started a fire in the clubhouse to help keep the chill at bay. Shooters started rolling in after 9am, we ended up with 11 shooters total. Winds were forecast to be stiff, but the big gusts stayed away. We still had wispy winds and some shots were tough to gauge the direction the winds were coming from. The final Troyer rating for the course was a calculated 31.65, but with wind factored in was closer to a 32.5t. When laying out the course I had many targets scattered with alot of lanes spread across the field.
Out of the 11 shooters we had 1 person shooting WFTF PCP class. Tyler Patner tried his best and finished with a high score of 55.
In Hunter Piston Class we had 2 shooters, myself and Dale Prulhiere. Dale shot his HW30(which is around only 9 fpe), he finished with a stunning score of 28, I finished with a 36 for 1st place.
In Hunter PCP Ryan Spanagel came out on top with a score of 53 for 1st place. Seems the "Bunny" lane was tough on him with the near target being a 1/2" KZ at 25 yards, the highest single Troyer rated target on the course at 50t. Still a score of 53 is great, and a strong finish.
Jeff Swartz had a good run, finishing with a 51 and 2nd place, his worst lane was lane 8, an elevated "Weasel" at 50 yards, and a "Groundhog" at 53 yards. He got the groundhog once, the weasel evaded him.
Finally in 3rd place, Paul Nickerson finished with a 49 !!! He aced the teeny bunny target, and got the weasel once, and groundhog once. Paul has been doing well late in the season, it's great to see him shooting higher scores and having fun.
Scores for the different classes as follows:
Hunter PCP
Ryan Spanagel 53
Jeff Swartz 51
Paul Nickerson 49
Ken Santo 47
Ana Rose Spanagel 47
Donald Jelinek 36
Walter Wood 36
Darren Miller 32
Hunter Piston
Eric Jones 36
Dale Prulhiere 28
WFTF PCP
Tyler Patner 55
I'd like to thank all the shooters that have frequented COA for our matches this season. It's been good weather all season long, we didn't have to cancel any matches, a 1st for the club.
Now for some big news...................
I intend on moving field target matches, and the possibility of 100/50 yard matches to Cardinal Shooting Center for next season. I was approached after the PA Cup and given the opportunity to direct FT matches at Cardinal. I see it as good move for the club, more exposure to the public, an excellent stand of woods to shoot in.
Also having access to the 100 yard range will be good for the club, it's "ready to go"
I'm working with Cardinal on all of the details, more info to come in the near future. I'm hoping to secure a membership option for airgunners only that would allow practice time not only on the 100 yard range for benchrest, but also in the woods for Field Target.
Also next season I still plan on shooting at the muzzleloader club, at least having some funshoots on Saturdays that do not interfere with other clubs schedules.
In the last few years membership and involvement of airgunners has waned at the muzzleloader club. I'm hoping by moving activities to Cardinal I can gain some new members, and also have access to more volunteers, and run matches both FT and Benchrest at a top tier facility.
Who all wants to shoot at Cardinal? Who would be interested in a airgunner membership?
More info will be available in the near future, next year is going to be a big step in a new direction for the club.
Thanks for all the memories
Match Director for Central Ohio Airgunners
Eric Jones