Co2 pistol S&W M-29 sticking trigger return.

Hello,
Has anyone else found that the trigger/hammer return spring on this revolver is too weak to cycle the action for the next shot? If I push the trigger forward after each shot it will function, but if I don’t the cylinder will not rotate and just discharge again on the empty cylinder. I took the side plate off and I can see points that would benefit from honing. Great co2 revolver but needs some help, and before I dive into it I would like to know if others have had this problem.

Thanks. 🤠

I haven't had that problem with mine. My only complaint was that the trigger was too heavy in single action, but after a lot of dry-firing, it's worked down to about 5 pounds clean (down from 8 or more). It also has some overtravel, which a real S&W doesn't, which is a bit annoying but fixable.

I'd be interested in following your internal honing advice. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sorry, it’s been a while, but to answer your question the stoning and polishing did wonders. The moving parts on these co2 M-29 S&W revolvers are just like the originals. After the hand work mine is now crisp, lite, and smooth. Even double action pull is half of what it was. If you like to tinker and have some understanding of the actual S&W actions then I say go for it. I own the real thing and its hard to tell the difference now.
I’m very pleased with this revolver.
Tom

587E8AE9-7E36-48AD-9082-5C93D6B63C98.jpeg