• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CO2 in cold weather

I was experimenting with a couple of my co2 guns. The temperature is in the upper 40° to 50°s. This little trick seems to help on the 2240, Diana air bug and will probably work on others with some innovative thinking.

You will need

One or two hand warmers.

Twist ties, velcro ties, small zip ties.

Attach the warmer to the compression tube with the ties. Charge the gun. Let the warmer heat for 20 minutes or so. It will be nice and toasty by then. Also put a hand warmer in your pocket with a couple extra cartridges at the same time.

20230108_121304.jpg
20230108_121254.jpg

I'm thinking about making a pouch with a velcro closure. It does seem to boost the power on a cold day. Give it a try and your thoughts.

Last edited:
Lol that’s awesome. I wish I had my old CO2 set up still. I had bull fill on everything and a giant co2 tank from a soda machine I’d simply drop off at air gas for refills and could shoot for years. I never had a problem in winter here as 25 was about as cold as we’d get. Have you used a chrony to test the results? I’m curious what velocity difference there would be for a 5 shot string between 80 and 32 degrees.