• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Co2 Conversion in Talon Anyone ?

How many of you guys use a conversion kit in your Talon or Condor ? I have been using a 20oz Co2 tank on the back of a Talon and have been happy with it. I recently bought a red Talon-SS off these forums and will convert that to Co2 and turn my other Talon back to HPA. I will install a 18" barrel on the SS so I get a bit more fpe then using a 12" barrel when using Co2.

As my Talon shoots now I get about 620fps using 14.3gr CPHP's (12.2fpe) and about 603fps using 15.89gr JSB Jumbos (12.8fpe) These reading were taken from my car using a FX chrono when it was very cold outside ----- my Co2 tank was about 72 degrees and it was kept warm by my hand temp. I'm happy with the 12-13fpe using Co2 as that is enough for Pigeons, Starlings, HOSPS to about 40 yards for sure. The fact of getting many, many, many hundreds of shots on a fill is what drove me to using Co2 for sub 40 yard Starling pesting

Anyway, just want to know if you guys use the Co2 conversion kit on any of your Airforce guns ;- )

wll

yes i have a talon w/18 inc barrel set up w/co2 has been that way for about 5 yrs, i did for my grandson when he was 12 yrs old (for the many shot thing) i had 3 talon's sold 1 & gave one(forgot to mention i set it up for co2 also) to my daughter ( she lives in Vegas ) lots warmer than Illinois,

Yes, the Co2 thing makes plinking a lot more fun and enjoyable knowing I don't have to recharge my tank after every 30+ shots and then after a short while turn on the compressor and do that rigamarole dance !

I can shoot and shoot and shoot and run out a tin if I wanted and still have enough gas for about another tin. As long as the temp stays constant, the pressure will remain constant the velocity will stay consistent. -------- Shooting 14.3gr CPHP's in the 610-630fps area works just fine for 20-40 yard plinking and Starling ratification if so desired !

wll

Went out today and blasted rocks but noticed the Pop had gotten out of the Poop so I checked my tank, i had a less than 2oz of Co2 left in my 20oz tank >>> changed tanks and now she is shooting very, very hard ... Well in the 625+fps range. I will take the tank off the gun as I think leaving it on "bleeds it" I also up"d the power wheel to 5.8 instead of 5 like I had it before ;- )

Will be out in the cold blasting tomorrow and will chrono also

wll

At my spot at 7ish, have the new filled 20oz tank and the wheel has been adjusted to 5.8. Took out the FX Chrono and I'm shooting in the 665fps+ range with 14.3gr CPHP's, JSB Jumbo Heavies are in the 617fps+ range ---- that's 14+ and 15+ fpe respectively ---- that is awesome with Co2 ! I will check this out again tomorrow ! I'm removing the CO@ tank after shooting as It might be bleeding co2 when the tank is left on.

I'm not smacking rocks and playing around to much this am as I'm waiting for targets of opportunity:) it is 37 degrees and no wind, my car is pretty warm and I'm sitting tight. My new 20oz tank rubber butt pad is on the gun, Its ugly but it works :) Pic below:

20oz%20Tank%20with%20Butt%20Pad%20sm.png

So far have not heard any yotes, even in the distance. It's 7:45 now and have not heard or seen a living thing .... a CPHP is loaded up and waiting for action. (It really should be a JSB Jumbo, but a CPHP will do :)

After about 15 more minutes of waiting I hear the flapping of wings and a Pigeon leaves from the back of the building and circles and lands 35 yards out on the chimney, I raise my Talon with the CPHP in the barrel, set the cross hairs just below the left wing joint as I can see his chest, as he quarters left I squeeze ----- THWACK a solid side hit, he takes off flying very low and lower, he crashes, I go over .... DOA. ----- The 22 cal Co2 Talon and CPHP did its duty, another pest bits the dust and a first for me with a Co2 gun ;- )

I go back sit and wait for another chance, but leave to come back tomorrow.

Side Bar:

My Red used Talon SS arrives this Thursday or Friday, that is the gun that will be a dedicated Co2 gun from now on. I have a used 18" barrel that I will install and a used R&L shroud that will be put on to keep the gun as quiet as possible. The Talon I'm using now will have its original tank put on and used as a HPA gun as originally planned.

When all is done, the Red TalonSS should be a very cool Co2 pest and plinking gun for sure. ---- pictures will follow;- )

wll