• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Co2 1911 BB or .177 pellet replicas ?

Looking for advice, I'm thinking seriously of purchasing a new Co2 1911 BB or .177 pellet pistol, there are so many on the market that making a decision about which one to order can get confusing.

What I'd like;

. Decent velocity
. Good accuracy
. Nice trigger
. Blowback action
. Drop out magazine
. Ability to field strip just like the real thing
. All metal, approx. same weight, feel, and function as a real 1911

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated,
Thanks.

I have the Umarex Colt 1911A1 boscoebrea mentioned. It is indeed a quality German made gun. All steel C02 pellet, nice fit and finish, decent trigger, rifled barrel and fairly accurate. Doesn't meet some of your requirements as it's non-blowback and uses an 8 shot rotary magazine. The internal design is nothing like a real 1911 so it doesn't field strip. This is it-

The AGN member Bear-of-Grayling knows his stuff as far as blowback 1911's go. Maybe give him a shout.

Reactions: Moe M.
While the trigger is a bit strange, the gun works nicely (pellet).
Umarex, 1911. Has a round magazine inside the slide for the pellets. The slide splits at about the slide release, and moves forward to access the magazine. All metal, the magazine holds the CO2 cylinder. Similar heft as a real 1911, maybe a little lighter. Don't know the velocity, never cared.
The sight mount, fits in the rear sight dovetail. Same dovetail as a real 1911.
As accurate as most CO2 pellet guns, MUCH better than BB guns !

1702654623800.jpeg

Mike

Moe, I was in your exact situation about 2 years ago. I did all the "homework" on the problem I could, and, long story short, decided to try the Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

Accuracy isn't all that I would like, but it's sufficient for home/basement "combat practice." Operation is EXACTLY the same as a real 1911. The weight is a bit light--it's 32 ounces versus 38 for a real 1911--but it DOES weigh and feel almost exactly like one of my alloy-framed real 1911s and another one with a steel frame and an alloy .22 conversion slide. The blowback recoil feels remarkably similar to that .22 conversion gun. I consistently get 60 shots per CO2 cartridge, and I buy my CO2 at Walmart, about $21 out the door for 40 cartridges. Do the math and it works out to about 1c per shot.

This gun is made in Taiwan and it's made in a number of variations under various brand names including Colt, SIG, and Dan Wesson. They all work and shoot the same. Go on the Pyramyd Air website and start looking at what's available. Look at the MAGAZINES for anything you're interested in--If the mags looks the same, it's the same basic gun. Buy based on what features YOU want. You won't go wrong.

Here's a couple pics--one shows what kind of accuracy you can expect at about 7 yards, the other shows the airgun with three of my "real" 1911s.

I hope this has been helpful.

1704311773450.jpeg

1704311834615.jpeg

I got one of these for XMAS. I bought a display box from Etsy, a Wilson combat trigger for $20 and a couple of different grips (pearl and stainless). I call myself going to YouTube University to learn how to disassemble it. I couldn't find anything on the lower disassembly for the c02. The grips didn't fit snug like the original. Of course, I disassembled it anyway...🤦‍♂️ I just need to get a better understanding of the sear spring and how it works with the sear, connector and hammer. I can never leave well enough alone. I will say it is a great introduction to understand the 1911 platform.

If it's anything like my CO2 1911 you need to get a Dremel and carve out some curvatures in the grips to allow for the e
I got one of these for XMAS. I bought a display box from Etsy, a Wilson combat trigger for $20 and a couple of different grips (pearl and stainless). I call myself going to YouTube University to learn how to disassemble it. I couldn't find anything on the lower disassembly for the c02. The grips didn't fit snug like the original. Of course, I disassembled it anyway...🤦‍♂️ I just need to get a better understanding of the sear spring and how it works with the sear, connector and hammer. I can never leave well enough alone. I will say it is a great introduction to understand the 1911 platform.

xpanded CO2 magazine. YouTube is a big help.

Reactions: Snake45
Afraid you are going to be disappointed. The lower on a CO² gun is nothing like a regular firearm. Outside of grips and sights, nothing else will match up to be usable.

If it's anything like my CO2 1911 you need to get a Dremel and carve out some curvatures in the grips to allow for the e

xpanded CO2 magazine. YouTube is a big help.
Yup. Have to carve or grind some relief on the lower part. But at least the screw holes line up (although the screws themselves are different).

Reactions: crimeboss
Afraid you are going to be disappointed. The lower on a CO² gun is nothing like a regular firearm. Outside of grips and sights, nothing else will match up to be usable.
Thanks for the info. I've been afraid to take mine apart since I took the slide off my P.38 and screwed the recoil spring up. Apparently that's a VERY common problem. :LOL:

Sounds like you know what you're talking about. I want to put a flat mainspring housing on my Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. I've given up on trying to find a replacement part and have accepted the idea I'm gonna have to grind down the arched housing myself. My question is, does the mainspring housing come out of the gun the way it does on the real one, and go back in the same way, with no surprises or problems? If not, I'm pretty sure I can accomplish this by grinding it in situ right on the gun, but it would just be easier if I could take the MSH out. Any advice?

Honestly, I would look for an EVP for it to see how everything is stuck together. Sometimes the parts look like they come off, but in reality they are formed together. There won't be a flat mainspring in there. There will be a coiled spring that operates the hammer.
The guns are designed for the simplest operation without being able to be converted into zipguns.

The Tangfolio Witness does field strip almost exactly like the original. It has blow back action and a drop out magazine. The valve is built into the magazine so if/when it goes bad a new magazine brings the pistol back to life without tearing the pistol down. It’s accurate and fun. Shreds aluminum cans out to 20 yards. Made by KWC. Good pistol for around $100. I’ve shot mine for nearly a decade. Did an antiquing to it. Looks very realistic. Fools everyone. Keep it in my fathers WWII memorabilia. I have the Colt Commander also. Same gun. Not a true 1911A1. It has white dot sights and modern updates. I still prefer the A1. Good luck.
6506E370-7970-4495-9E24-0090C55CB48A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dv8eod
My Google-Fu must be very strong this morning. Found this first try, which seems to answer all my questions.

My Google-Fu must be very strong this morning. Found this first try, which seems to answer all my questions.

That guy put ALOT of work into making the guide. Kudos to him.