• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CO2 12gram cartridge not getting punchered

Firstly, confirm I have the correct understanding. One is punctured by tightening the end cap and other is punctured by a moving piercing pin in the valve? And the one at the end cap is getting pierced while the one at the valve is not?

If so, here’s what may be happening…especially if you’ve tuned it to use CO2 more efficiently. The one punctured by the end cap happens first. That step pressurizes the tube. This pressure resists how far the hammer knocks open the valve when you fire it. If the valve lift is insufficient, the piercing pin in the valve will not reach the other cartridge to puncture it. At least not until the first cartridge is so low that the POI has already fallen to the point where you open it up to change them out.

To see if that’s it, insert a new cartridge first and load an empty one second. Dry fire a few times and see if it punctures it.

Other possible causes are easier to explain but will require disassembly to check. Perhaps the piercing pin has a broken tip (usually hardened steel, so somewhat brittle), or it’s simply too short, or there’s a burr or other obstruction preventing it from coming through the end the valve. 

so the rifle has a removable tube that holds the 2 x 12 gram carts so the valve pin has no factor in the puncturing of the carts 

https://www.umarexusa.com/umarex-fusion-2-quiet-co2-pellet-rifle-177-compact-airgun

i had to watch the video to find this out 

my answer is to call Umarex 

i know what i would do, is set aside that cartage tube assemble and buy the one that is used in the Hammerli 850 because you can unscrew those and the gas stays in but they are not cheap and i see the are mostly out of stock 

Walther also makes a 2 x 12gr cartridge and you can get them from Krale 

https://www.krale.shop/en/co2-adaptor-walther-2x12-gram/

there price cheap even with shipping then you could find in the states 

Lets not forget that sometimes the carts are to blame here. If you just recently changed to a new box of carts the thickness/hardness of the cap could be a problem. I had this problem once and set those carts aside for use with a gun that you had to tighten the cap to pierce the cart and still it was very difficult to do so. I purchased a different brand of cart from a different place to alleviate the problem.