• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy CMP Referb Daisy 853

Finally got the buttstock extension contoured a bit. Still needs a final sand and finish. This was at 7m, offhand. The dot is the size of a quarter.

IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

Last edited:
How does that Monte Carlo stock feel in the grip ? Then I guess without the standard stocked to compare to ????
It’s the only Monte Carlo stocked rifle I own. The wrist of your trigger hand is definitely more vertical. The height of it seems about right with the sights I have on it. Now I put the extended buttpad on, it feels pretty comfortable. I like it. We’ll see how consistent I can be with it.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
It’s the only Monte Carlo stocked rifle I own. The wrist of your trigger hand is definitely more vertical. The height of it seems about right with the sights I have on it. Now I put the extended buttpad on, it feels pretty comfortable. I like it. We’ll see how consistent I can be with it.
Ya, I had a chance to whip in to the Alabama cmp store , but did not . One of them bad weather just wanted to get home things .. been wanting to try this out for sometime now just never " pulled the trigger" .. so to say ..

Anyway looks good .... enjoy

Reactions: mjb206
Ya, I had a chance to whip in to the Alabama cmp store , but did not . One of them bad weather just wanted to get home things .. been wanting to try this out for sometime now just never " pulled the trigger" .. so to say ..

Anyway looks good .... enjoy
Thanks! It's the best bang for the buck around as far as I'm concerned. I did upgrade to the Daisy "match" sites and put the 753 moderator on it with the globe sight to match. My only call out is even with the included buttpad spacers, it's still a little short (hence my fabbed up extension.) Trigger mod was really straightforward. Just hoping I can start putting it in the 10 more frequently....

Just to throw at ya, check your fancy tire shops and see if they got these to look at for a weight for your barrel.

There's lead free ones , but the soft lead ones you can take a same diameter rod as the barrel and shape it to fit the contour of the barrel..

Any just a idea thought and they come in assortment of Oz's

Example

Just to throw at ya, check your fancy tire shops and see if they got these to look at for a weight for your barrel.

There's lead free ones , but the soft lead ones you can take a same diameter rod as the barrel and shape it to fit the contour of the barrel..

Any just a idea thought and they come in assortment of Oz's

Example

That's a great idea. I currently have a piece of steel attached to the end. I was thinking I'd drill it and then tap the moderator to attach it. I considered one of the clamp on weights like we use on trap guns, but I think the barrel diameter is way too small.

According to the site i would have to be a member to buy one .
That's what I thought as well and kinda shrugged it off on a buy..

At least that's how I kinda read that there .. maybe need to revisit that ..

Check there walk in store locals . Maybe one close to you . Anniston Alabama is the one I passed by close to me that day

That's what I thought as well and kinda shrugged it off on a buy..

At least that's how I kinda read that there .. maybe need to revisit that ..

Check there walk in store locals . Maybe one close to you . Anniston Alabama is the one I passed by close to me that day
If you want the 599 or a new 853, then you need a club affiliation. But if you want the $125 referb, there is a different form.

You can scroll to the bottom of this page for a description and a link to the order form: https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/sporter-air-rifles/

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
The 853C was mostly for the Canadian market. A few were sold here in the US as 853s, but they changed the stocks to synthetic and marketed them as 953s. If one were to want one, a 953 placed in a wooden stock is the same thing, just marked wrong on the reciever. The one to keep your eyes out for are the ones marked 853CM. Haven't seen very many floating around.

The 853C was mostly for the Canadian market. A few were sold here in the US as 853s, but they changed the stocks to synthetic and marketed them as 953s. If one were to want one, a 953 placed in a wooden stock is the same thing, just marked wrong on the reciever. The one to keep your eyes out for are the ones marked 853CM. Haven't seen very many floating around.
Days the cm the clip don't auto index (??) So you got to manually advance it by hand.

Bit notice in this agd picture it has a extra weight on the barrel I assume the others don't (??)

https://www.airgundepot.com/avanti-853cm-target-pellet-rifle.html.

Agd did sell the 853 "C" at one time as well .

Note: This gun will not fire correctly with out the 5 round clip. ..lol

So will it using that ss tray?🤔

https://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-avanti-853c.html

Reading notes on these that straight 863 like you got from cmp is the better model . No thrills just shoots ..

Days the cm the clip don't auto index (??) So you got to manually advance it by hand.

Bit notice in this agd picture it has a extra weight on the barrel I assume the others don't (??)

https://www.airgundepot.com/avanti-853cm-target-pellet-rifle.html.

Agd did sell the 853 "C" at one time as well .

Note: This gun will not fire correctly with out the 5 round clip. ..lol

So will it using that ss tray?🤔

https://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-avanti-853c.html

Reading notes on these that straight 863 like you got from cmp is the better model . No thrills just shoots ..
The x53s are weird in that they seem to have been put together from spare parts :rolleyes: .
The CM shown looks like it has an extra barrel weight turned backwards. If it has the 5 shot clip but doesn't auto advance, it's a regular 753/853 receiver.
It says the C won't fire without the clip, but it will and even with the single shot tray. With out either one, it's a bear to load. The auto advance finger clears the tray and the C's and 953s have those parts.
I wish I still had the links for more info on the history of the guns. I did find a lot of it on thecmp.org. They have a couple of books on them, also.