• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CMP 853 Disappointment

Well today was the day for my CMP 853 to be delivered. I watched the FedEx driver stand at the door waiting for someone to answer and then take the rifle away. There is nothing on the website that says a signature is required and I've had many rifles delivered. Since no one is home during the day it looks like I will not be getting this after all, don't have time to chase it down. Just wanted to let those that might not know it appears a signature is required.

If it is any consolation Amazon refused to deliver a foot callous scraper the other day as small boy answered the door (Mrs EncoreUneFois was on the top floor in her office on the phone and not available). Hell, he could have got hold of some vicious pedicure equipment and gone on a rampage (at least until time for bed).

Well today was the day for my CMP 853 to be delivered. I watched the FedEx driver stand at the door waiting for someone to answer and then take the rifle away. There is nothing on the website that says a signature is required and I've had many rifles delivered. Since no one is home during the day it looks like I will not be getting this after all, don't have time to chase it down. Just wanted to let those that might not know it appears a signature is required.
yes signature is required and photo ID also . CMP said this to me in an Email , so i was ready . ypu can email and get the delivery point changes to your office or a pick up at their office ,Fedx i mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
yes signature is required and photo ID also . CMP said this to me in an Email , so i was ready . ypu can email and get the delivery point changes to your office or a pick up at their office ,UPS i mean.
No one from CMP told me this, nor is it on their website or order form that I can find. This should be in big bold letters somewhere. I'm not driving 40 minutes one way to pick it up after 7pm. I'll dispute the charge and let FedEx send it back, wasn't meant to be.

Porch Pirate theft has become a large problem. You should have been alerted to the signature required delivery. Will Fedex redeliver? Bill
Yes, but it doesn't matter, no one is home during the day. I left instructions telling them to return the package to the shipper. I cannot risk my job having it delivered to my place of employment, no guns of any kind allowed. I agree it would have been nice to know. I also learned this requirement could have been waived, had I known it was a requirement.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020