• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Clunky Bolt Knob - Gauntlet 2

So who out there thinks the bolt knob on the Gauntlet 2 is clunky?

I do so I decided to change it. It turns out the knob is threaded onto the bolt shaft with M6-1.0 threads. The original knob twisted off with minimal effort. This is what I changed to:

20220405_140847.1649187653.jpg

There are several bolt knobs available out there with M6-1.0 threads. I purchased mine from Diversified Innovative Products. Apparently intended for the CZ 457 rimfire rifle but will also fit several other rifles with this thread pitch. The knob is about 1/4" longer than the factory knob but it looks so much better in my book.

Thought I'd pass the info on to others who maybe felt the same about the look of the factory knob.

Wish y'all would stop putting projects in my head... I just got my G2 a coupl of weeks ago and it's been so nasty around here I haven't even zeroed the scope yet and already I'm designing a new bolt handle in my head.

I know what you mean, I'm waiting for the weather to get better so I can get some muzzle velocity readings for various pellet weights. For me the bolt knob was just fugly and had to go. :)