• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Clip on thermals/infrared

Pard is actually having a pretty good sale right now. The NV007 is $302.40, the NV007S is $323.40

If you want all in one, the NV008S is $419.40

I have the Oneleaf NV100 which is simular to the NV007, but you have to move the scope forward to get decent eye relief. The NV007S is not as long, so you may be able to leave the scope closer to the normal position you'd have it mounted. On an air rifle with a long picatinny rail, this works fine, but if you have an air gun with a dovetail mount or you have a magazine sticking up above the scope mount rail, it can be a challenge to get it mounted right for proper eye relief.

Reactions: heran
Here is a good article that discussed the advantages and disadvantages of a clip on type NV device:

It discusses the NV007S, but is pretty applicable to any clip-on style device.

Pard is actually having a pretty good sale right now. The NV007 is $302.40, the NV007S is $323.40

I have the Oneleaf NV100 which is simular to the NV007, but you have to move the scope forward to get decent eye relief. The NV007S is not as long, so you may be able to leave the scope closer to the normal position you'd have it mounted. On an air rifle with a long picatinny rail, this works fine, but if you have an air gun with a dovetail mount or you have a magazine sticking up above the scope mount rail, it can be a challenge to get it mounted right for proper eye relief.
hey paul, where do you find the NV008S for $419 ?? I FOUND IT !!

Last edited:

I have the NV007s and it provides enough eye relief to leave my scope alone. My eye does barely touch the eye cup which I don't like so I fold it forward.

hey paul, where do you find the NV008S for $419 ?? I FOUND IT !!

The non-LRF is $419.40, the one with the built in LRF is $599.40

I ordered the non-LRF, it looks much more compact that the ATN Scopes and probably much lighter also. I'm hoping the performance is as good or better than the ATN scopes. I'm not thrilled that the max frame rate is only 30 fps, but at $419.40, it's much cheaper than the 4K Pros!

Reactions: gendoc
@dens228 - Sorry I misspoke when I said "mounts." I meant to say the Eaglevision Scope Holder Tube Replacement" Here it is and on Xmas sale:

Reactions: dens228
I have a Pard NV007s. Other than abysmal battery like I like it quite well.
I don't know what mAh rating the unit comes with, but I suspect it can be improved by getting a 3400-3500 mAh battery from a reputable manufacturer like Nitecore, Orbtronic or Samsung. Stay clear of pretty much the rest of what you find, they tend to EXAGGERATE there rating. If you have an old laptop battery, break it open to find several 18650's inside. They won't be 3400mAh but most times it's just one out of the bunch that went bad so you'll have several to swap with. They will most likely be flat top batteries and in the event the Pard needs a button top, all I do is put a small magnet on top to increase the length. A charger like the XTAR VC4 available from Amazon has a fast and slow charger that works much better than the charging port that comes with the things they are used in.

There is also the more expensive ones, that clip on the ocular, rather then the objective - Pulsar e.G.. Quite a lot better then the Pard but also quite a lot more expensive.
Considering that the OP mentioned a "cheaper alternative," I doubt (s)he's interested in exploring options on the opposite end of the price spectrum. Quite naturally thermal will cost more than night vision. Each serves a uniquely different purpose so knowing the intended use is important in recommending either.