• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Cleaning Synthetic Stocks

Greetings.

I checked for a thread that discussed this topic but did not find any. I try to avoid redundancy if possible.

How do you guys clean your synthetic stocks? I have Marauders and a Crown and want to do things rightly rather than make an assumption. The cleaning I have in mind is a general maintenance one as there is nothing like sap, or glue, etc., on either gun. I just like ‘clean.’

It’s a simple question, but I am erring on the side of caution by asking. I am thinking soap and water, but who knows.

Thank you.
S7

Good olde washing up detergent and water with toothbrush to get embedded dirt out .
The a good wipe with a good gun oil ballistol or similar.
Remove gun from stock first obviously.
Always test on a hidden part of the stock first to make sure no reaction occurs.
So your correct with your method
Just keep stock out of direct sunlight when not being used " as plastic not a fan of it and does bleach and degrade it
Hope this helps you bud

Greetings.

I checked for a thread that discussed this topic but did not find any. I try to avoid redundancy if possible.

How do you guys clean your synthetic stocks? I have Marauders and a Crown and want to do things rightly rather than make an assumption. The cleaning I have in mind is a general maintenance one as there is nothing like sap, or glue, etc., on either gun. I just like ‘clean.’

It’s a simple question, but I am erring on the side of caution by asking. I am thinking soap and water, but who knows.

Thank you.
S7
This is what I recommend to use after cleaning, I’ve been using this stuff for years, it works on any kind of plastic, vinyl, etc. I use it on my Harley’s, autos, kayak and anything plastic or vinyl, it works Awesome…..I’ve got a 1992 Toyota pickup I bought brand new and I’ve been using this stuff on it for years and the dash and interior in it look brand new.…it’s got almost 400,000 miles on it and I still drive it every now and then and it still runs like new…:)

IMG_5221.jpeg

Reactions: Sanctify7
In my opinion, if you use the 303, I wouldn’t use the Ballistol also, I think it would defeat the purpose of using the 303. The 303 is thin with no odor, you saturate a small cloth with it and wipe it on and let it sit for a few minutes and use a clean dry cloth and wipe it off, it has no oily residue. After a couple of treatments, the plastic will retain its color and will not bleach out and become splotchy looking over the years. 303 makes a lot of different products, you have to make sure and get the Protectant instead of the cleaner.

Actually, they (some !) are pretty tough !!

I put a vinyl wrap on two plastic stocks that I decided to change. A Daystate Renegade and an Edgun M5 stock on my Lelya.

The wrap (both) left adhesive on the plastic in both cases while removing it. I tried a couple of house cleaners, and didn't get very far. I went for broke and used a VERY toxic to plastic cleaner..."Brakleen" (Brake Clean), on a rag, then scrubbed to remove the adhesive. I DID...try a small area to make sure the Brakleen would not soften the plastic.
It did not ! So I wiped the entire stock (both) with the Brakleen to remove both the adhesive and the oils from my hands in preparation for the next vinyl wrap.

Yeah, might be tougher than you think.

Mike

In my opinion, if you use the 303, I wouldn’t use the Ballistol also, I think it would defeat the purpose of using the 303. The 303 is thin with no odor, you saturate a small cloth with it and wipe it on and let it sit for a few minutes and use a clean dry cloth and wipe it off, it has no oily residue. After a couple of treatments, the plastic will retain its color and will not bleach out and become splotchy looking over the years. 303 makes a lot of different products, you have to make sure and get the Protectant instead of the cleaner.
Got it.
Thanks. S7