• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cleaning products

The Hoppes #9 debate is a false flag, it's just fine on o-rings and airgun bores.

I use Balistol a lot but when stubborn leading is present, I'll break out the Hoppes.

For my guns and my customers guns, metal to metal contact points, pins etc get 30W non-detergent motor oil, springs get light machine oil, bores get cleaned and waxed, o-rings in assembly get lubri-film silicone grease and everyday lube is a few dropps of silicone oil in the air-port when filling.
Thanks for the Help! I didn't wanna screw the Rifle up! It will only be a Week old on Wednesday! lol

Due to being an owner of an "Umbrella Cockatoo" all products with Chemical Smells I use outside. Bad for the Bird's Raspatory System.
I read that oven cleaning products can kill pet birds. Think of it as Canary in Coal Mine; breathing those fumes isn’t good for people, either.

Ballistol smells awful, but at least it doesn’t keep me from sleeping after using it, like CLP does. There must be something that causes increased heart rate and respiratory rate in the latter. Even though CLP smells less awful (to me).

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
I read that oven cleaning products can kill pet birds. Think of it as Canary in Coal Mine; breathing those fumes isn’t good for people, either.

Ballistol smells awful, but at least it doesn’t keep me from sleeping after using it, like CLP does. There must be something that causes increased heart rate and respiratory rate in the latter. Even though CLP smells less awful (to me).
We used to have a big metal wash tub and a pressurized hose that shot out CLP for cleaning our weapons in the Army lol