Cleaning fx barrels

Had an FX Royale, almost never had to clean the barrel. Regretted selling it and recently just bought a new one. It's in the mail now. It definitely needs to be cleaned occasionally but only after several thousand pellets as opposed to traditional rifled barrels that need to be cleaned after every couple hundred pellets. Check out Ted's review on the Royale 400. He gives a summary at the end of the review stating that he never even cleaned the barrel once and it was still shooting pellet after pellet in the same hole.

I clean my Bobcat barrel about every 300 shots, if I don't then accuracy does start to degrade. It will very much depend on the individual barrel you get. just shoot until accuracy goes off and then try cleaning it. if that doesn't work then come back another day and try again, you might have just been having a bad day. 

It sounds like cleaning a barrel is similar to a Dutch oven, One person clam's if you clean the oven you'll ruin seasoning and the meal baked in the oven lacking favor. We're the next person say's it need to be cleaned an oiled every time, adding seasoning is moot point after the first time using the oven. The bottom line is clean as you see fit! And I'm no cook