• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cleaning fx barrels

It's fairly common for it to take some time to settle back in after cleaning an air gun barrel. 

This is is one of the reason why people don't agree on how often barrels should be cleaned. Some (well respected) people state that it should only be cleaned if you start getting accuracy problems. in other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Others claim you should clean every xx number of shots.

I use cleaning pellets every few months but I don't do a major clean unless I am having problems. Don't know if this is "right" but it works for me. You don't have to worry about gun powder residue with airguns. It's just a build up of lead in the rifling. You should be able to see that to some extent with a ST barrel.

Hi guys , breech seal and barrel crown are oke !
tomorow I am going to see if it could be pellet wobble but the current speed I measured yesterday is 275 m/s so around 900 fps ( jsb King 25 grain )
i am going to clean the barrel because in a atampt to fix the problem I lubed some pellets .

Is 900-910 fps too fast for the .25 jsb King ?

keep you posted !

Airbucks, 

That is one hell of a problem with all that junk coming out of your barrel. You have a major problem. 
On my FX Royale Boss I had to play with the straw many times to get the Patch Worm to feed through the straw. I had to really make the tip as straight as possible for the line to feed through the modifier section.

It would be much easier to feed the patched end through the breech opening if I could remove the barrel shroud. I can get the shroud to spin off to only be working with the barrel.
I would appreciated input as to how I can get the shroud off.