Cleaning Delta/Alpha wolf barrel?

Need some advice from some fellow daystate owners.
I'm new to this platform and have a question regarding barrel cleaning. Do you typically remove the barrel and/or chronograph to clean the barrel?
I use a patchworm and a little Ballistol when cleaning the barrels on my other rifles but I'm concerned about the electric components. Patchworm and ballistol safe?
I've already put nearly 3 tins through my new rifle and my groups are telling me it's time to clean it.
Thanks.

I use a patchworm with the barrel on my Alpha. Mine NEEDS to be cleaned 200 or so. Don't saturate your patches and if you worried about getting your ballistol into the action, clean it upside down so the transfer port is on top.Lots like ballistol, I bought some gunzilla that I use on my patches. After you have run a couple dry patches thru it, dry fire it a couple times to clear anything that may have gotten into the transfer port. Shoot away.

I use a patchworm with the barrel on my Alpha. Mine NEEDS to be cleaned 200 or so. Don't saturate your patches and if you worried about getting your ballistol into the action, clean it upside down so the transfer port is on top.Lots like ballistol, I bought some gunzilla that I use on my patches. After you have run a couple dry patches thru it, dry fire it a couple times to clear anything that may have gotten into the transfer port. Shoot away.
Patchworm will not pass the spot between the barrel and chrono assembly. I tried using a straw but that didn't work. I may have to remove the chrono to clean it until I can get different style of pull through that isn't a plastic cord that curves at the end.

Ended up using a carbon fiber cleaning rod with a plastic loop on the end and pulling patches through. It worked. Lot of gunk in the barrel. I also noticed the breech o ring already looks worn? I went ahead and ordered some 1.78mm CS X 5.28mm Buna 70 rings. To replace if necessary. Only found one thread where that size is mentioned so I hope that is correct. I cannot find anything on Daystate's site that lists specific o ring sizes. I wish there was a schematic that had numbers by each part and a reference. I like to break down and fix my own rifles when needed rather than sending them off.

Last edited:
FWIW - I remove the barrel and run a cleaning rod gently down it w/ a patch dipped in Ballistol. Is that a bad approach?
That's the way AOA and many others recommend doing it. But unless you are trying to scrub lead out of the barrel or polish it, WHY? You will loose you POI and need to readjust a few clicks if you are a accuracy shooter. I'm not fond of taking the barrel holding grub screw in and out everytime I clean at around 200 rounds. You can use a patchworm to clean the barrel without removing, if that's the way you want to go. Some are using a pull thru also without removing the barrel. Do what you think is best, it's your rifle.☺️