Daystate Cleaning a Revere 22 barrel?

The straw in most of pump action lotion bottles is a smaller diameter and much stiffer than a soda straws.

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

I’m an Avid PatchWorm user but can’t find a straw small enough to fit the end of my Revere. Any suggestions are welcomed?
Go to a hobby shop, they have polystyrene tubes. A 3/16 dia. tube by several different manufacturers. I think mine are made by Evergreen scale models. I use a few different sizes for all my air rifles, .177, .20, .22 and .25. They work very nicely. They are pretty strong and pliable but still stiff. They can break if bent too much. Ask me how I know that!:)
Thx
Dan

Reactions: igolfat8
Anyone else try those airgun bore whips? They seem to work for a good on the fly cleaning. I also shoot a few felt pellets every so often through my guns for a quick clean. Wear ear pro, they will give a sonic crack out of most pcp guns.

These:

LOL, Randal, we do the same thing too.
@XSUltimate , great idea too. Thanks.
P.S. I usually take a certain size drill bit and put a chamfer on the ID of the polystyrene tube. I also take a razor blade and make the point of the Patchworm a little bit pointier and make the point centered on the patchworm to help it feed thru the tube when it gets there. You will see how that helps instead of keep pushing it in without going anywhere!
Thx
Dan

P.S. I usually take a certain size drill bit and put a chamfer on the ID of the polystyrene tube. I also take a razor blade and make the point of the Patchworm a little bit pointier and make the point centered on the patchworm to help it feed thru the tube when it gets there. You will see how that helps instead of keep pushing it in without going anywhere!
Thx
Dan
Thx
Dan
low tech. maggiver tip of the day!....get some string trimmer line/ weed whacker line. cut to length, cut off tip to fine sharp point. the other end melt with lighter. tap on table, melt /tap till you have a nice knob on end. put the sharp tip thru the patch. feed thru! easy pease. also ive used rubbing alchol on patchs or brake cleaner which is supposed to be safe for rubber/plastic.....works great! : }

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon
low tech. maggiver tip of the day!....get some string trimmer line/ weed whacker line. cut to length, cut off tip to fine sharp point. the other end melt with lighter. tap on table, melt /tap till you have a nice knob on end. put the sharp tip thru the patch. feed thru! easy pease. also ive used rubbing alchol on patchs or brake cleaner which is supposed to be safe for rubber/plastic.....works great! : }

Will be using this one… I currently use a high test monofilament fishing leader doubled over and simply fed down the muzzle. But I like your suggestion and will try it.

In the old days a straw in Denmark was actually smaller than .177, but as we for some reason got more and more Americanized, well straws got fatter and fatter, and these days as plastic straws are banned, well you almost get a 1/2" pipe that generally suck, or should i say do not suck very well.

On my Vulcan 3 that have a build in moderator, i simply unscrew the shroud & moderator so i have a strait up steel pipe to work with.

I do however use a cleaning rod and not a patch worm or similar.

Sort of a little / far fetched related, in the #2 largest town here a new experiment with reusable coffee cups have been started, so you also pay for your cup that is now reuseable, but get refunded when you turn it in, just like we do with bottles and cans here.
They are probably not going to do that for straws as there are far less suckers of whatever than there are coffee junkies, CUZ here like elsewhere that is very bad.

Just remove the 2 grub screws at the base of the shroud and slide it off the barrel. Then you have a simple barrel with no attachments to consider.
I like this the best for the Revere. But, also like the "jergens lotion" stiff straw idea too. I laughed at the other post asking for more straws at fast food places, I've done that too. Lol.

But, when I am in a hurry, I just remove my moderator and that is lightning fast with a good straw. Tip - As I found out the hard way, always make 100% sure your patchworm button is perfectly aligned with the chamber/bore before pulling the patchworm from the muzzle end.

Last edited: